Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Guildmaster Prize at Collegium November 10

  • Jamie Roesler
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
      Huzzah!  Wish I could be there to see it. :)

      Jehennette

      On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Nytshaed(Douglas Leonard) <nytshaed1967@...> wrote:

      Be it known to all that we, The West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence and Courtier Nytshaed as Sponsor do give leave and license to our Provost Don Alaryn, having contributed greatly to the enrichment of the Kingdoms by sharing his time and knowledge of the art of defence, to play his Guildmaster Prize against all comers in the subtle mystery at all weapons of the Arte and to present his knowledge thereof at June Crown 17-19th.

      Provost Alaryn will be primarily focused on Cut and Thrust Rapier in the style of George Silver.

      These are to give notice that our said Provost will be present to play his prize to do his uttermost for the achievement and bearing away of the prize.

      Long Live the King and Queen of the West!

    • Edgar Branscum
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
        Actually, the date I at November collegium, although if you guys really want me to wait till next June Crown............

        Alaryn

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
          Actual date for the prize if November 10th and the collegium.

          Alaryn

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
              Yes, please ignore the date inside the message - bad cut and paste on my part - the date in the subject is accurate - November 10 Collegium.
            Nytshaed

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2013
              Be it known to all that we, The West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence and Guildmaster Don Nytshaed as Sponsor do give leave and license to our Provost Herr Staffan, having contributed greatly to the enrichment of the Kingdoms by sharing his time and knowledge of the art of defence, to play his Guildmaster Prize against all comers in the subtle mystery at all weapons of the Arte and to present his knowledge thereof at Twelfth Night Jan 4, 2014.

                Along with a Treatise on period technique there will be a fighting prize including Cut and Thrust with strict adherence to period forms as chosen on the fly by the Gallery.

                As this will be both a test of Period form and endurance using counted blows with non-stop fighting those who wish to participate should be both prompt and warmed up prior to engaging.  More specific times will be forthcoming, but it is 12th night, please be prepared for sudden shifts.