Crown is a coming!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011

        Next weekend is June Crown!

         Rapier has a Guildmaster Prize, Open Meetings for questions, the Roses Tourney, and a Queen's Treasure Chest Tourney!

         And that is just what is scheduled!

         We have dedicated Eric Space all day and I really want to see it used.

         The fairly firm schedule is:

      9am : Inspections/Queen's treasure chest tourney, Fighters are welcome to enter right up to it's 11am End.

      --- The top fencer wins their choice from the prizes each fighter has donated to the Queen's chest for entry.

      11am : Blayde's Guildmaster CapoFerro Class and Playing of the Prize

      NOON'ish(SCA noon I suspect) - Dona Arnaz presenting an Open Meeting on Being a White Scarf

       --- all are welcome and this is a lunch break so feel free to bring food to share and there will be munchies.

      Continuing the lunch break will be another open meeting for all SCA folks on the Royal Guild of Defence.

        After Lunching and socializing the fields will be open for instruction and pickup fights.  Perfect time to send anyone interested in basic lessons to the Rapier side of the Eric!

         When our Crown tourney reaches semi's and collapses fields Roses will commence. Come fight for your queen!

      Nytshaed

      PS - I plan to leave Friday morning from Sacramento to get the House Regola sunshade up on/near the Eric and if there are any folks who are up for that schedule(also leaving saturday evening) I could use a couple carpoolers in the van.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011

            One of our longest standing Provosts, Joseph Blayde successfully played his Guildmaster prize this weekend at June Crown!

            Blayde presented almost 2 hours of class material on CapoFero along with his printed booklet and fought all members of the guild present and 4 White Scarves from the guild and/or invited to participate with an additional proxy approval from a Guilmaster who at the last minute was unable to attend due to a family emergency.

            What a long, strange trip it has been indeed!

            To everyone at Crown who was so supportive and fought so well during this prize my personal thank you as his sponsor.

            Welcome, Gm Blayde,

        LGm Nytshaed

      • Paul Sawtell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011

          G’day Blade

          Congratulations – wished I was there

          See you at Pennsic

          Edmund the Lame

          Ancient Guildmaster of Fence

          I may be strange but may I never be a stranger

          PS I now have a second zweihander to teach with.