Fundamentals of Western Martial Arts seminar

  • Jeff R
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2011
      Academia Duellatoria is a Historic European Martial Arts school. It's instructors include Caoilte, Journeyman WK RGoD (John Czekala), L. Geoffrey Lessingham - Guild Master West Kingdom Royal Guild of Defense (Jeff Richardson), and Maestro Gregorio, Laurel, OWS, GM WKRGoD (Matthew Howden) We are holding a seminar in Southern Oregon on the fundamentals of HEMA as we teach them. Starting with an evening lecture Friday June 10, all day class and evening lecture on Saturday, and class until 5pm on Sunday. The seminar will be held in the Medford Elks Lodge, 202 North Central Avenue, Medford, Oregon.

      Join Academia Duellatoria's instructors in Southern Oregon for a full weekend of classes on the core principles used in the school's methods of study. Learn the principles of the fight along with tools and methods for analyzing your own and your opponent's fight. Each of these principles will be explored from a variety of empty hand and weapon systems. German and Italian Grappling, knife fighting, German - Dutch - Italian - Spanish rapier systems, Italian sword and buckler, German and Italian Longsword, German staff play.

      This open-to-the-public workshop will give participants opportunities to fence and train with new people and attend lectures, demonstrations and hands-on classes taught by all three of Academia Duellatoria's instructors.

      Seminar is $40.00 for dues paying Academia Duellatoria Students
      $50.00 for the general public.

      You can register at the door, but we would appreciate an RSVP so we can let you know where Friday nights lecture will be held.

      There is an events page on facebook. And you can check out our website. http://duellatoria.com/events/