Guild sponsored tournament?

  • pressurestat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22 10:45 PM
      If a guild member runs a "Guild sponsored tournament" what exactly does that mean now a days? Used to be that a member or two of the Guild, wishing to promote the Guild would do all the work and give credit to the Guild. Any more to it now?

      David
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22 11:06 PM
          It can certainly happen that way.
           We have had bouts of "get it approved or die", but they seldom last and as long as I am LGm(just til 12th Night I promise!) I am actively looking for folks to get things going.  Technically you need to ask, and of course I appreciate being kept in the loop, but I am going to cheer on anything that isn't stupidly dangerous.
          A simple post here to the Guild list will almost certainly get my respose of "Heck yea!" and you are good to go - now that does NOT cover getting approval from the RMiC of the event.  Try to ask them at least a month in advance, preferably more so they can plan all the Rapier activities and avoid conflicts.  That doesn't mean that nothing should happen last minute or spur of the moment, but it does mean you need to find the RMiC at the event if it comes to that.

           Ideally I would love for the Guild to be more focused than the average bear on period technique and study, but right now getting anything that fires people to go to events is a darn good thing.

        Nytshaed

        Message 3 of 3 , May 23 4:18 PM
          I can't remember the last time I saw a guild sponsored tournament.  But, given that the guild is no longer tied to being authorized or the marshalate.... I would hope any such thing would have something pushing a period agenda.  The guild IS about historical studies after all.

          Tournaments asking you to declare the period form you are using would be cool.

          Gregorio just ran two consecutive weekends of a tournament based on research into historical tournament forms which were well received and a lot of fun.

          I am sure there are other ideas to be had.

          Lessingham

          On Mon 05/23/11 06:06:00 AM , "Nytshaed\(Douglas Leonard\)" nytshaed1967@... sent: