RE: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Guild Masters Prize for Maestro Gregorio

  • jeffery@mind.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 24, 2011
      It's the largest SCA public demo done in the area.  In cooperation with Pacific University history department.  So yes, it is very public.  In addition to the SCA people there are thousands of people that come through every year.  5,000 I believe was the estimate I was given for last year.

      On Thu 03/24/11 06:02:00 AM , "Paul Sawtell" paulsawtell@... sent:

      Also unusual that it is not at an SCA event – but more public that way – perhaps a good recruiting opportunity for the SCA

      Any chance of someone from the Guild making it to Pennsic this year?  Caught up with some of the Western fencers at Gulf Wars

      Appreciate the paper when it is posted

      Edmund the Lame

      I may be strange but may I never be a stranger

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 24, 2011
            I am very happy to have our far flung Guildies so very active and creative.
            Provost Blayde is usually in attendance at Pennsic and may be able to connect you with others.

            I am glad to see your text Edmund, but sadly I have lost track of your current geography and environment with respect to the Guild, but if there is anything I can do beyond encouraging words please let me know.  So long as it does not interfere with local efforts I like to see Guild activity regardless of Kingdom boundaries and I'd love to get an update on how things are going for you in or out of guild.

        Nytshaed, LGm

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 24, 2011

          Greetings Nytshaed

          Am very familiar with Provost Don Blayde – we had a great time at Gulf Wars – and he beat me in the semi for the Two Handed Tournament – then went on to win it.  Ask to see the wonderful cutlery he won.  And we have had fun at Pennsic the last few years – I moved over here in May 2007 and have made Pennsic and GulF Wars every year since.

          I am currently in the Region of Frozen BF Nowhere – far north Alberta – Peace River – so don’t get out as much as would like.  Nearest real fencing is in Edmonton = 500km south- where I have a foster cadet.  But I do get to Gulf Wars & Pennsic as must do events and try to make KWAR when it is on – try to get as much fencing bang for buck as possible..  And I still teach in Lochac when I go back once or twice  a year to see clients and the cattle.

          Have been working on my SCA Zweihander work – based on Lictenauer but adapted for a greatsword (5’8.5”) – and have Darkwood working on a second one so I can teach it.  But still teach my meld of Saviolo and DiGrassi – fighting in the refused – as I have done for the last 21 years.

          And as an aside I am now a Medieval Cooking Apprentice to Mistress Juliana Von Altenfeldt of the East – so try to combine cooking with fencing.

          Great to see the Guild thriving.

          Kind regards

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 26, 2011
            Wonderful to hear your update Edmund!

               Sorry rapier is so far, but great that you get to enjoy what you can.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 2 11:02 AM

              Be it known to all that we, The West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence and Courtier Nytshaed as Sponsor do give leave and license to our Provost Don Blayde, having contributed greatly to the enrichment of the Kingdoms by sharing his time and knowledge of the art of defence, to play his Guildmaster Prize against all comers in the subtle mystery at all weapons of the Arte and to present his knowledge thereof at June Crown 17-19th.

              Provost Blayde has prepared a paper on Cappo Fero and will present open class at the event.

              These are to give notice that our said Provost will be present to play his prize to do his uttermost for the achievement and bearing away of the prize.

              Message 6 of 13 , May 2 11:20 AM
                Hmmm.... West Kingdom website has no information on the event.  Can someone post a location and details for Crown from the Kingdom Newsletter please?

                Lessingham

                On Mon 05/02/11 06:02:00 PM , "Nytshaed\(Douglas Leonard\)" nytshaed1967@... sent:

                Be it known to all that we, The West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence and Courtier Nytshaed as Sponsor do give leave and license to our Provost Don Blayde, having contributed greatly to the enrichment of the Kingdoms by sharing his time and knowledge of the art of defence, to play his Guildmaster Prize against all comers in the subtle mystery at all weapons of the Arte and to present his knowledge thereof at June Crown 17-19th.

                Provost Blayde has prepared a paper on Cappo Fero and will present open class at the event.

                These are to give notice that our said Provost will be present to play his prize to do his uttermost for the achievement and bearing away of the prize.

                Long Live the King and Queen of the West!

              • Sean Kiernan
                Message 7 of 13 , May 2 11:28 AM
                  Congratulations Blayde!
                  I would like to bear witness. Where is June Crown to be held?

                  Sean Kiernan

                  775.770.0442 Cell

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3 9:10 AM

                    > Provost Blayde has prepared a paper on Cappo Fero and will present open class at
                    > the event.

                    For the benefit of all--I think it would be great if those that present a paper as part of their advancement would post it here in the files section of this Yahoogroup. Maybe we could get ALL of you that wrote papers as part of your prize to post them? Lessingham has done so already and it's a great little treasure trove.

                    How about it Blayde? Anyone else? Share the love!!

                    Brigit
                    Dean of Education
                  • jeffery@mind.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 3 11:32 AM
                      Gregorio's is on it's way along with official announcements.

                      Lessingham

                      On Tue 05/03/11 04:10:00 PM , "brigitgoddess1" brigitgoddess1@... sent:

                      > Provost Blayde has prepared a paper on Cappo Fero and will present open class at
                      > the event.

                      For the benefit of all--I think it would be great if those that present a paper as part of their advancement would post it here in the files section of this Yahoogroup. Maybe we could get ALL of you that wrote papers as part of your prize to post them? Lessingham has done so already and it's a great little treasure trove.

                      How about it Blayde? Anyone else? Share the love!!

                      Brigit
                      Dean of Education

                      <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional