Show and Tell

  • brigitgoddess1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2011
      I'm going to throw this out there again this year in hopes that it can become a reality.

      I've been wanting for a couple of years now to have the Guild make a presentation at an upcoming Kingdom event--a Crown or a coronation event such as Beltane--or even Kingdom A&S--in which we have people do a brief (a couple of minutes, tops) little demo on a particular Master--showing a few highlights of their technique--as a way to show the similarities and differences of the various Masters in period.

      I need volunteers for this, of course--people willing to show a particular Master--I envision a little bit of talking and showing some of the moves that typify that Master.

      I think it would be a wonderful way to show the Guild's support of period study--as well as interest some of our folks in studying the Masters themselves.

      So--show of hands? Do I have any takers and what events would work best for you?

      Brigit
      Dean of Education
    • brigitgoddess1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2011
        BTW--I more or less see this as something happening all at once--several people presenting their Master so that people can see the similarities and differences between them.