Soooooo...meeting time at 12th Night?

  • brigitgoddess1
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2010
      What was the decision?

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010
           Meeting at Noon.

           I'll have a brief state of the Guild message and then open discussion in the fencing room unless we are conflicting with other fencers using it.  I am hoping our other Guild officers will also be there for questions if possible.

           The quick update for those who can't make it is:
          Guild meetings will continue at 12th Night and Falcon's Treaty.
          Facebook and the seperate Calender are on hold.
          The Googledocs website is up, but the roster should be ignored as it is many years out of date.
        ++ Anyone even willing to serve as Lord Guildmaster must submit an email, phone call, or written note with or without qualifications.
        Only those good gentles will be considered and if there is noone in the kingdom willing by Estrella(February) there will be a significant re-structuring to be determined later.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011

              I want to thank the folks who made it to the guild meeting at twelfth night.

              The meeting was nice and short and the important bits were:

              Website is up and roster is in progress by Cerridwen and may be updated any day now.

              Notice for anyone willing to take the position of Lord Guildmaster must be sent to Nytshaed by email, phone, mail, etc by Estrella(Feb) to be considered at all and formal private discussions and training will occur after that event with the expected changeover at Next 12th Night.  Please note that while current Guildmasters will have some preference any level is welcome to submit notice of willingness to serve.

             Our Next Guild meeting will be at Falcon's Treaty in March.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2011

               Alrighty folks - I'd like to open the Sac Arena to a Guild centric Rapier practice and see how it flies.

               This would be a practice focusing on period techniques likely including Cut and Thrust, though being authorized will not be required, folks would be well advised to bring the gear they have for it as well as basic rapier to train towards it.

              I am considering Tuesday at 7 as the likely landing zone, but definately open to Monday or Wednesday if there is interest.  If its Wed it will probably alternate or straight up migrate to Gather practice in a couple months when the weather turns and that becomes more regular.

              Please reply on list even if you can't make it right now, but could later - or especially if you have an alternative that could advance the guild.

            Nytshaed

            (Sacramento - near Hwy 50 and Watt Ave)

          • Kevin Murakoshi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2011
              Hi guys,

              I am very sorry, but I don't usually get out of work till 6:30 or 7pm and am teaching fencing 3 nights a week, so I don't think I will be able to help with this. I can try and make it every couple of weeks or so if that will help.

              I give lessons at DFA on Tuesdays, so I will never be able to make a practice Tuesday evenings. Wed nights are a lot better for me.

              --Kevin

            • jeffery@mind.net

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
                    Totally understandable - perhaps Gather will be a good venue for the once in a while class when the numbers shoot up again come summer.

                  I will keep this open for a little while if anyone else is game, but no scheduled days yet.

                  Nytshaed