Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Contemplating removing the approval requirement

  • say_oyez@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2010
      I'd rather you didn't. I don't mind spam when I'm camping, but I prefer to keep it out of my inbox.

      Folks who are joining the guild list will know they need to give a little time for approval, and hopefully they're in it for the long haul, so the wait shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

      My two pence,
      Brendan

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "lgmwest" <lgmwest@...>
      Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:30:22 -0000
      To: <RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Contemplating removing the approval requirement

      This list currently requires approval by a moderator for new members.
      While this is not a huge delay and it can protect us from spammers I was thinking about removing this restriction.

      Any strong opinions either way?

      Nytshaed

    • jeffery@mind.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2010
        I don't mind either way as long as we aren't getting spammed.

        Lessingham

        On Fri 05/21/10 05:02:00 PM , say_oyez@... sent:

        From: "lgmwest"
        Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:30:22 -0000

        Message 3 of 5 , May 23, 2010
          No strong opinions.  But if the moderator is able to review the requests in a timely manner and it keeps the list from being spammed, I would keep the approval requirement.

          Sorcha