Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] contributions for the taxes basket?

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
      We doing this @ Beltane or Crown? Either way I'll have something.

      Santiago

      "xochimil" <xochimil@...> wrote:

      >any one else have contributions for the Taxes basket?
      >

      >Ximon

      Enter a World of Elegant Magic
      www.santiagosmagic.com

      (Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.)
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
            The plan is to deliver Taxes at Beltaine at the pleasure of the Crown.  If they ask us to do it at crown
        that is cool too, but I'd like to be ready by next weekend.

        Thank you,
        Nytshaed

        >any one else have contributions for the Taxes basket?
        >

        >Ximon

        Enter a World of Elegant Magic
        www.santiagosmagic. com

        (Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.)

      • xochimil
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 27, 2010
          --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Nytshaed\(Douglas Leonard\)" <nytshaed1967@...> wrote:

          >     The plan is to deliver Taxes at Beltaine at the pleasure of the Crown.  If they ask us to do it at crown
          > that is cool too, but I'd like to be ready by next weekend.
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Nytshaed
          ====

          Okay Guild folks,

          I need to hear from you by tomorrow (Wednesday 4-28)if you are planning to contribute to the Basket at Beltaine.

          I did receive a missive from the head of court that their (soon to be) Majesties are great with Gas cards as something practical for the basket, other items that can go into making baskets for the upcoming wars would also be great to get. below is the bulk of the letter I received;

          ****
          "....My Lord,

          I am honored that you contacted me. Both of them are now employed but gasoline cards would be gratefully accepted. Interkingdom gift baskets can have just about anything. Her Grace, Juanna Isabella, will be coordinating the West/AnTir gift baskets. I can ask her what she is looking for or you can contact her yourself. I am still arranging for someone to coordinate the Pennsic gift basket.

          Some examples would be pottery, beads, trim. Cordials and spices are also good.

          *His Highness* is allergic to anything with (ONIONS) in it.."

          ***
          Unfortunately, I will not be attending Beltaine due to work obligations, but I would like folks contributing to meet up with whomever the LGM will select, to gather all the items for presentation in court.

          Ximon
          Preboste
        • Tim Converse
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28, 2010
            I'll have something.  Not sure what, but something.  Promise.

            Santiago

            On 4/27/2010 10:14 PM, xochimil wrote:

[...]

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                RoyalGuildofDefense-digest@yahoogroups.com
                RoyalGuildofDefense-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2010
                 I plan to be onsite by 8 or 9am Saturday.  If there is space my pavillion will be up near/on the
              eric as a guild/Party HQ as we like sleepin in the dragon.  So folks are welcome to bring chairs, rugs
              what have you and not worry about moving them until pack out if they wish.  We'll at least have drinks
              and a table.

                 I'll keep the cell on until Court - 916-533-2783
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2010

                (please note some of the below is aimed at guild folks, apologies to those who prefer to be free agents, but I wanted to thank you too!!)

                     At Beltaine we delivered taxes, held a treasure chest tourney, and just had a busy great time!

                    We had some great fighting in the Treasure chest tourney and I want to thank every one of you for coming out either as fighters or Marshals.  It was important to Alfar and Ketiley that rapier fighting be encouraged at their Beltaine and I really had a good time getting on the field personally.  On a related note Alfar is making inquires about adding 30 feet to the end of the Eric at June Crown specifically for a dedicated rapier area where we can fight all through the event without imposing on other folks schedules.  It is NOT a done deal and may not occur, but I cannot tell you how much I miss having Camp erics where we could do impromptu lessons, pickups, scenarios with constructed obstacles, and the like.  PLEASE remember to keep a period appearance on the Eric.  Don't leave waterbottles visible, if at all possible cover your modern bags with a cloth, etc.  I will try to get some Haybales out there for scenarios and seating and sadly my favored technique of buildings made of rebar and tape is right out.

                    I want to especially thank Ximon for stepping up and helping the preparation happen and Santiago for both prep and the execution of delivering Taxes.  I was still helping our new arrivals when court started and barely hit the Eric when we were actually called and I am very grateful we had a backup plan in place for just such an occurance so we did not make everyone at court wait.  Uther was very kind with his leading question for us and I do hope everyone appreciated his smooth invitation for me to speak up as the LGm despite my tardiness.

                    I would love to keep delivering taxes, but I won't let the entire burden fall on just a couple people, so if you personally want taxes to continue I need to have some donations in hand by June crown.  If you'd like to be part of the effort but would prefer some direction on what to make or do I am more than happy to work with you to find a low impact contribution that suits your strengths.  Taxes should be a very small thing from a lot of people so no one person feels it, like a buck or two from several folks collected into a gas card or a small cloth bag to carry other royal largess.

                I will be at June crown and if we have enough interest I will set it up for Purg, if not I will set another deadline for October crown to deliver at 12th night.  We can then discuss or drop the matter at the Guild meeting at 12th Night.

                   Lastly I want to thank all of you who's ears I have been chewing off about how to best make the guild flourish.  I have had several people flat out tell me that we should consider disbanding and I take that advice to heart.  However, ultimately the only requirement by our charter is the promotion of the Arte as a whole and its participants specifically through running Prizes.  While I personally want our extended family to talk, meet, and do other stuff together like taxes, the website, feasts, etc.  The chartered purpose is going quite well and I am thrilled with the prizes being played so I don't see the guild going away any time soon, but some of the extra bits may get a bit less attention unless we have some folks who want to take them on.

                  Thank you for a great event and for reading a LOT longer thank you than I intended,