Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Guild get togethers at practices

  • jeffery@mind.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2009
      Hah.... was just discussing spreading the guild with Xeno this past weekend whileGregorio and I were giving a Thibault seminar in Artemisia at their Kingdom Collegium.

      Practices.....  Run by Freescholar Caoilte (John Czekala)  In Talent Oregon at our school on Monday and Wednesday nights.  He has also been going over to the coast to teach  in the newest shire over there where AnTir/West war has been held the last few years.

      Portland - Monday night 3Mountains SCA practice - run by Jouneyman Maestro Gregorio (Matthew Howden)
      Tuesday and Thursday night classes run by our school in Beaverton and run by myself and Maestro Gregorio.
      School website at http://duellatoria.com/

      Lord Geoffrey Lessingham - GM

      On Tue 11/10/09 02:49:00 PM , "Nytshaed\(Douglas Leonard\)" nytshaed1967@... sent:

           Greetings fellow Guild members!

          I have been wokring on ways we can all keep in touch on matters like how to play prizes, encouraging participation in Rapier and/or the Guild, and such matters.

         One of the possibilities is to have micro meetings at as many of the Practices as I can get out to.

         The format would be a very quick intro of each person present and then a short question/answer session on any topics of discussion.  If you've been to my meeetings before you know that I will keep it short so we don't take too much time from the practice, but I do think that giving as many people a chance to ask questions and raise suggestions is the only way we will survive as a useful entity.

         Its also a great excuse to get more fighters together who might not normally see or fight each other if folks are able to travel a bit.

        Please don't be silent.  If you think it is a terrible idea say so - if you really want to support it I won't expect any promises since the dates are not determined yet, but please speak out!

         And folks with practices - if you could send me an email with days/times and directions for your practice I would greatly appreciate it and it would help me organize this if we do it.

      Thank you,

        Nytshaed, LGm

      PS - thank you Yukiko for the suggestion!