Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Thank you for your support

  • Tim Converse
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2009
      Sorcha,

      It is with a certain sense of sadness that we see you step down. In the
      years which all of these things you speak of have been accomplished you
      have been the one to guide us all, to extend your hand and your heart to
      help the guild survive and even thrive. Such a level of dedication is
      to be admired and emulated.

      It is also with a certain sense of anticipation that we witness a
      changing of the guard and welcome Nytshaed into the position. For long
      years he has been one of those paragons of our community offering his
      advice and vision of what the guild and the fencing community can be.

      If there are cheers to be given for us all then they most assuredly
      *must* include you Sorcha, in recognition for all of your effort on our
      behalf and for the betterment of The Royal Guild of Defense and The
      Kingdom of The West.

      *HUZZAH*
      *HUZZAH*
      *HUZZAH*

      Baron Santiago of Darkwood
      One of those New Guildmasters and damn proud to be a part of The Royal
      Guild of Defense

      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2009

           Lady Guildmistress Sorcha,

            You have well and truly served us all for your extended time.  I wish you

        could serve longer, but above and beyond hardly covers your efforts and

        certainly factored highly in my own acceptance of tommorow's changeover.

            You will be leaving some mighty impressive shoes to fill and I will definately

        be following your advice in asking for assistance from everyone who is willing

        to continue our progress.

             To that end I would please ask that if you are not already on the Guild mailing

        list, please consider joining - it certainly does not imply membership, but even though

        many events are also announced on westfence(as this thank you happens to be) the

        guild list is where things get organized and one of the best places to voice where you

        believe the Guild can be most supportive of Rapier.

        RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com

             Dear Lady Guildmistrees you are awesome.

             Thank you so much,

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2009
          --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman)" <sorcha@...> wrote:

          > Greetings one and all,
          >
          > I would like to thank all of you for Your support, ideas, enthusiasm,
          > energy and get out there and do it focus over the last four years while
          > I have been the Lady Guildmistress of the Guild of Fence. [snip]

          ======

          Our Lady Guildmistress,

          I would gladly echo what others have been saying and if I could, I'd like to add a few personal observations and thoughts:

          In the start of your tenure, you took the reins of a guild that was fractured, dysfunctional and sorely needed a leader when there was not one available.

          You became someone who gave the guild a figurehead. But you were more than just that...You were within a good measure of time, more than just the head of the guild. Your reassuring voice and strength from Oertha was and will still be felt from afar here in the central kingdom. That to me, is a sign of true leadership. You extended the hand of not just the leader but as friend to many people as well as many times to me (and I still look to you for that guidance in my personal matters of the guild). We in the guild all knew that you were always there...not just to listen, but to also to help us find solutions and more importantly, to inspire us.

          In our early days the opposite was the bane of many of us in the guild, due to how the kingdom was treating us and how some of us treated them back.

          We will miss the comfort of you as our Lady Guildmistress.

          But NOW we get to know the woman who is the Pelican, the White scarf, the guildmaster and finally.....The rapier fighter.

          Well done! and Vivat I say! Vivat!

          Ximon Martillo de Cordoba, OP
          Preboste, WKRGoD
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2009
            Hear, hear! Let me add my congrats to Nyteshaed and big outgoing hugs of gratitude to our dear Lady GuildMistress!

            So kids--what's next on the agenda???

            Brigit

            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ximon el Martillo de Cordoba" <xochimil@...> wrote:

            > --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman)" <sorcha@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings one and all,
            > >
            > > I would like to thank all of you for Your support, ideas, enthusiasm,
            > > energy and get out there and do it focus over the last four years while
            > > I have been the Lady Guildmistress of the Guild of Fence. [snip]
            >
            > ======
            >
            > Our Lady Guildmistress,
            >
            > I would gladly echo what others have been saying and if I could, I'd like to add a few personal observations and thoughts:
            >
            > In the start of your tenure, you took the reins of a guild that was fractured, dysfunctional and sorely needed a leader when there was not one available.
            >
            > You became someone who gave the guild a figurehead. But you were more than just that...You were within a good measure of time, more than just the head of the guild. Your reassuring voice and strength from Oertha was and will still be felt from afar here in the central kingdom. That to me, is a sign of true leadership. You extended the hand of not just the leader but as friend to many people as well as many times to me (and I still look to you for that guidance in my personal matters of the guild). We in the guild all knew that you were always there...not just to listen, but to also to help us find solutions and more importantly, to inspire us.
            >
            > In our early days the opposite was the bane of many of us in the guild, due to how the kingdom was treating us and how some of us treated them back.
            >
            > We will miss the comfort of you as our Lady Guildmistress.
            >
            > But NOW we get to know the woman who is the Pelican, the White scarf, the guildmaster and finally.....The rapier fighter.
            >
            > Well done! and Vivat I say! Vivat!
            >

            > Ximon Martillo de Cordoba, OP
            > Preboste, WKRGoD

          • Joyce Corder
            Message 5 of 7 , May 5, 2009
              Thank you Sorcha for all your hard work, your encouragment, and you support.

              Viola

              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2009
                We love you Sorcha,
                Oh yes we do;