Thank you for your support

    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2009
      Greetings one and all,

      I would like to thank all of you for Your support, ideas, enthusiasm,
      energy and get out there and do it focus over the last four years while
      I have been the Lady Guildmistress of the Guild of Fence. The Guild and
      the Fencing Community have come a long way over that time and it all
      came from you. We have seen recognition with awards developed in all
      areas and levels for rapier from Baronies through to the Kingdom level,
      a stronger development of the Guilds focus towards the historical
      studies, a set of guidelines for the Guild that have been working with
      minor adjustments, a badge design ready for the Crown's approval to move
      on to Laurel, Prizes continuing in all levels to include 3 new
      Guildmasters and many of our members recognized for their skill and
      service through those awards developed to honor the rapier community. I
      say there should be 3 Huzzahs for you and your work.

      It is now time to let the position of Lord/Lady Guildmistress be passed
      on to another so the Guild can continue on this path with new ideas and
      energy. As of May 4th, Nytshaed will be continuing this journey as Lord
      Guildmaster. Thank you Nytshaed for stepping forward. You have a great
      crew to work with.

      For everyone, please remember, the Guild only works because of the
      people who are working with it. Again, thank you for all your hard work
      it getting it to where it is today.

      In Service to the Guild and the West,
      Sorch Careman
      Outgoing Lady Guildmistress
    • Tim Converse
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2009
        Sorcha,

        It is with a certain sense of sadness that we see you step down. In the
        years which all of these things you speak of have been accomplished you
        have been the one to guide us all, to extend your hand and your heart to
        help the guild survive and even thrive. Such a level of dedication is
        to be admired and emulated.

        It is also with a certain sense of anticipation that we witness a
        changing of the guard and welcome Nytshaed into the position. For long
        years he has been one of those paragons of our community offering his
        advice and vision of what the guild and the fencing community can be.

        If there are cheers to be given for us all then they most assuredly
        *must* include you Sorcha, in recognition for all of your effort on our
        behalf and for the betterment of The Royal Guild of Defense and The
        Kingdom of The West.

        *HUZZAH*
        *HUZZAH*
        *HUZZAH*

        Baron Santiago of Darkwood
        One of those New Guildmasters and damn proud to be a part of The Royal
        Guild of Defense

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2009

             Lady Guildmistress Sorcha,

              You have well and truly served us all for your extended time.  I wish you

          could serve longer, but above and beyond hardly covers your efforts and

          certainly factored highly in my own acceptance of tommorow's changeover.

              You will be leaving some mighty impressive shoes to fill and I will definately

          be following your advice in asking for assistance from everyone who is willing

          to continue our progress.

               To that end I would please ask that if you are not already on the Guild mailing

          list, please consider joining - it certainly does not imply membership, but even though

          many events are also announced on westfence(as this thank you happens to be) the

          guild list is where things get organized and one of the best places to voice where you

          believe the Guild can be most supportive of Rapier.

          RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com

               Dear Lady Guildmistrees you are awesome.

               Thank you so much,

          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2009
            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman)" <sorcha@...> wrote:

            > Greetings one and all,
            >
            > I would like to thank all of you for Your support, ideas, enthusiasm,
            > energy and get out there and do it focus over the last four years while
            > I have been the Lady Guildmistress of the Guild of Fence. [snip]

            ======

            Our Lady Guildmistress,

            I would gladly echo what others have been saying and if I could, I'd like to add a few personal observations and thoughts:

            In the start of your tenure, you took the reins of a guild that was fractured, dysfunctional and sorely needed a leader when there was not one available.

            You became someone who gave the guild a figurehead. But you were more than just that...You were within a good measure of time, more than just the head of the guild. Your reassuring voice and strength from Oertha was and will still be felt from afar here in the central kingdom. That to me, is a sign of true leadership. You extended the hand of not just the leader but as friend to many people as well as many times to me (and I still look to you for that guidance in my personal matters of the guild). We in the guild all knew that you were always there...not just to listen, but to also to help us find solutions and more importantly, to inspire us.

            In our early days the opposite was the bane of many of us in the guild, due to how the kingdom was treating us and how some of us treated them back.

            We will miss the comfort of you as our Lady Guildmistress.

            But NOW we get to know the woman who is the Pelican, the White scarf, the guildmaster and finally.....The rapier fighter.

            Well done! and Vivat I say! Vivat!

            Ximon Martillo de Cordoba, OP
            Preboste, WKRGoD
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2009
              Hear, hear! Let me add my congrats to Nyteshaed and big outgoing hugs of gratitude to our dear Lady GuildMistress!

              So kids--what's next on the agenda???

              Brigit

              --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ximon el Martillo de Cordoba" <xochimil@...> wrote:

              > --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman)" <sorcha@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Greetings one and all,
              > >
              > > I would like to thank all of you for Your support, ideas, enthusiasm,
              > > energy and get out there and do it focus over the last four years while
              > > I have been the Lady Guildmistress of the Guild of Fence. [snip]
              >
              > ======
              >
              > Our Lady Guildmistress,
              >
              > I would gladly echo what others have been saying and if I could, I'd like to add a few personal observations and thoughts:
              >
              > In the start of your tenure, you took the reins of a guild that was fractured, dysfunctional and sorely needed a leader when there was not one available.
              >
              > You became someone who gave the guild a figurehead. But you were more than just that...You were within a good measure of time, more than just the head of the guild. Your reassuring voice and strength from Oertha was and will still be felt from afar here in the central kingdom. That to me, is a sign of true leadership. You extended the hand of not just the leader but as friend to many people as well as many times to me (and I still look to you for that guidance in my personal matters of the guild). We in the guild all knew that you were always there...not just to listen, but to also to help us find solutions and more importantly, to inspire us.
              >
              > In our early days the opposite was the bane of many of us in the guild, due to how the kingdom was treating us and how some of us treated them back.
              >
              > We will miss the comfort of you as our Lady Guildmistress.
              >
              > But NOW we get to know the woman who is the Pelican, the White scarf, the guildmaster and finally.....The rapier fighter.
              >
              > Well done! and Vivat I say! Vivat!
              >

              > Ximon Martillo de Cordoba, OP
              > Preboste, WKRGoD

            • Joyce Corder
              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2009
                Thank you Sorcha for all your hard work, your encouragment, and you support.

                Viola

                Message 7 of 7 , May 6, 2009
                  We love you Sorcha,
                  Oh yes we do;