Guild Badge update

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
      Greetings everyone,
      Well I have good news and news to be patient with.

      The Guild Badge put forward to the West Kingdom Heralds has passed their
      review and was all set to be sent on up to Laurel for the final review
      this month and hopefully acceptance.

      Due to this being a Kingdom badge, it will require the approval of the
      Crown and the Seneschal. The Matins Herald presented it at March Crown
      for approval of the Crown. Our current Crown likes simply using a badge
      without necessarily registering it and informed her that he would need
      to consider further if the Kingdom should register another badge. So at
      this point we are patiently waiting on that outcome.

      We are a couple steps further than we were and I'll keep on top of this
      through to our next set of Royalty. There are two new files in the
      files section of the Yahoo listing showing the submission that is going
      through as our original submission (from years ago) was unregisterable.

      In Service to the Guild,
      Sorcha Careman
      LGM
    • Paul Sawtell ABNORTH
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009

        Greetings LGM Sorcha

        Does that mean I shouldn’t be using the old badge (the original one with the rapier downwards through the rising sun – you can see I’m not real flash with book heraldry – being noisy with field heraldry was always my strong suit)

        Probably already covered somewhere but why couldn’t we get the original badge through?  Please indulge me and refresh the memory of a sieve headed Ancient Guildmaster.

        My view - If we are to have a new badge approved then we should have it registered so that it can’t be pinched by some other smart cookie and then we are told we can’t use it ourselves.  If we have waited this far then a few more months or years until you can find an amenable Royal to agree to registering the Badge then so be it

        Kind regards

        Ancient Guildmaster of Fence Edmund the Lame

        An Tir

        I may be strange but may I never be a stranger

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
          I think that using the original design is fine and will show a continuation of the Guilds history.
          I know I plan to still use it as well, while also showing that which finally gets registered.

          I will forward you directly the old email correspondence concerning the previous attempt to get the badge registered.

          And to let everyone know, I do have patches still available of the original design of the gold field, green sun, and black rapier for a nominal fee.  Please email me privately and we can make arrangements to get these out to folks.  Maybe at some point they might even be collector pieces.

          Sorcha
          LGM
          email: sorcha@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2009
            If our current King says no--does this mean it can't just be presented to the next one?

            Brigit

            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman)" <sorcha@...> wrote:

            > Greetings everyone,
            > Well I have good news and news to be patient with.
            >
            > The Guild Badge put forward to the West Kingdom Heralds has passed their
            > review and was all set to be sent on up to Laurel for the final review
            > this month and hopefully acceptance.
            >
            > Due to this being a Kingdom badge, it will require the approval of the
            > Crown and the Seneschal. The Matins Herald presented it at March Crown
            > for approval of the Crown. Our current Crown likes simply using a badge
            > without necessarily registering it and informed her that he would need
            > to consider further if the Kingdom should register another badge. So at
            > this point we are patiently waiting on that outcome.
            >
            > We are a couple steps further than we were and I'll keep on top of this
            > through to our next set of Royalty. There are two new files in the
            > files section of the Yahoo listing showing the submission that is going
            > through as our original submission (from years ago) was unregisterable.
            >
            > In Service to the Guild,
            > Sorcha Careman
            > LGM

          • Cerridwen Coedwig
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2009
              We can use the old badges but we can't prevent non-Guild from using it
              too. OTOH, no one can prevent us from using it. Some have griped that
              it's not registerable and/or "incorrect"

              It wouldn't pass because the contrast of the sword against the demisun
              was too indistinct. And maybe politics came into it as well.

              I think Alden may be amenable to getting a badge passed, so we may be on
              track shortly after Beltaine.

              Cerridwen
              who proudly wears her solid sterling (old style) badge

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 8, 2009
                Does anyone know of someone who doesn't play anymore that might have an old metal (silver would be SOOOO cool, but not essential) Guild Badge that they might part with? Mine fell off my sash some time ago when the backing separated from the badge itself. David Falcone gave that to me and I was really torn up about its loss.

                Message 7 of 8 , May 27 7:23 PM
                  The Crown and Seneschal have signed off on the badge and it will make in
                  this months packet being sent up to Laurel Sovereign of Arms for the
                  next review process.

                  Sorcha Careman
                  AGMoF

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 29 7:59 AM