Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: New Guildmaster

  • jeffery@mind.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009

      Saviolo out of fashion...... Pshaw.... I have been teaching it in Northern West Kingdom and Southern AnTir for years.  There are lots of people using it.

      Lessingham - GM WKRGoF

      On Mon 03/30/09 05:13:00 PM , "edmundthelame" paulsawtell@... sent:
      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Nytshaed\(Douglas Leonard\)" wrote:

      >     Please welcome our newest Guildmaster Juan Santiago!

      Indeed congratulations are in order Guildmaster Juan Santiago

      And even more so for showing Saviolo - a wonderful pre 1600 master of the True Arte - and so out of fashion in the SCA these days when Fabris and Capo Ferro seem to hold sway with the newer and younger fencers

      Should you be at Pennsic please look me up - I would be delighted to make your acquantance and cross blades with you. (I am of and camp with House Bloodguard)

      It is wonderful to see the Guild grow stronger

      Ancient Guildmaster of Fence Edmund the Lame
      An Tir

      I may be strange but may I never be a stranger

      >     Santiago made an excellent showing at his prize in the best tradition of historical
      > rapier before the "Dread" Princess of the Mists, and our two Local Baronesses among the many
      > of the gallery.  His display of Capo Ferro, Saviolo and even some Caranza meshed nicely
      > with his comparative analysis of the three masters stances and body mechanics presentation.
      >
      >     With his many students spreading the good fight, years of service as a Guild officer, and
      > numerous Rapier events sponsored and even created from the ground up(4th year of Falcon's
      > Treaty!) the Guild is richer to have him and its future grows ever brighter.
      >
      >     As we move forward we can all follow his example and encourage the growth of rapier in
      > and out of the guild with every word of encouragement or class taught or prize fought we
      > develop and strengthen the community of the SCA.
      >
      > Nytshaed

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: