12th Night, Table and Such

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
      Greetings!

      Since we have Jeffery doing his Prize at 12th Night--I'd like our
      information table to highlight period work you all might be doing.
      I'd like a be sure Jeffery has space to really highlight his
      work--plus, if anyone else has any papers or other things related to
      their work on a period master, I'd like to make room to highlight that
      as well.

      Since I don't seem to have millions of people stepping up to man the
      table (I know it is a BUSY day for fencers this year!) I plan on
      making it suitable for not being manned--but if you want to spend some
      time relaxing at the table, please let me know.

      So far I have Staffan bringing goodies to display--I don't think we'll
      use any swords this time, so no worries there--but I still would like
      it if folks brought their sashes for display--especially given that we
      are having a prize fought that day. As always, it would be great if
      you could have a little 3x5 card or somesuch with your sash giving
      your name, the rank represented by it, and any history that the sash
      has.

      Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone there!

      Brigit
    • jeffery@mind.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
        Regarding sashes.... more importantly you should be wearing your sash!  This is a Kingdom Level Court event.  There was once a time when I could show up at a large event and find the fencers by looking for sashes of various colors, and I would be greeted at gate by my guild rank by non fencers.  Visisbility is important.

        L. Geoffrey Lessingham - Provost

        On Thu 12/11/08 03:11:00 PM , "Brigit" brigitgoddess1@... sent:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        RoyalGuildofDefense-digest@yahoogroups.com
        RoyalGuildofDefense-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
          --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, jeffery@... wrote:

          > BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;
          > }Regarding sashes.... more importantly you should be wearing your
          > sash! This is a Kingdom Level Court event. There was once a time
          > when I could show up at a large event and find the fencers by looking
          > for sashes of various colors, and I would be greeted at gate by my
          > guild rank by non fencers. Visisbility is important.

          ====

          here, here!

          I for one have been lax in wearing mine.. one of my new years
          resolutions is to wwear mine more often.

          Ximon
          Preboste
        • Edgar Branscum
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
            I too have been remiss at times when it comes to prominently displaying my sash....however I do have reasons other than forgetfulness...I have discovered that some how my sash is smaller than when I received it.  I used to be able to wrap it around my waist in a belt like fashion with a full wrap and a half before tying it.  This kept it in place and looked appropriately fashionable, (and after all we all know how important that is), however of late I find that I am no longer able to get that extra half wrap around which helped to hold it in place...so, whenever I do wear my sash I have to constantly adjust it and tie it to keep it appropriately tight and in place.  Guess its time to make a longer sash, something in the 10 to 12 foot range possibly....

            Alaryn

            From: Ximon el Martillo de Cordoba <xochimil@...>
            Subject: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: 12th Night, Table and Such
            To: RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:17 AM

            mailto:RoyalGuildofDefense-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:RoyalGuildofDefense-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 15, 2008
              Alright then--everyone remember to WEAR your sashes at 12th
              Night--except Alaryn...and Ximon is going to wear his nifty "Preboste"
              sash.(have you guys been inventing new Guild levels while I wasn't
              looking?) Uh--Ximon--what color IS a Preboste sash??

              <<giggle>>

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 23, 2008
                --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Brigit"
                <brigitgoddess1@...> wrote:

                ) Uh--Ximon--what color IS a Preboste sash??

                > <<giggle>>
                >
                > Brigit
                ====

                My sash is blue, Preboste is spanish for Provost...Ya know I gotta
                put on my spin on things...

                Ximon
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 29, 2008
                  Ok then--I'll be setting up the Guild table in the hall where all the
                  rapier activity will be going on for Saturday---I should be rolling in
                  around 10am. Please bring anything you have for display to me
                  there--be sure to pick it up around 5pm which is the end of the
                  display time.

                  I'd also love it if someone would man the table in their "free"
                  time---but I'm not holding my breath!!

                  Brigit
                • jeffery@mind.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 29, 2008

                    Well, we will be there from AnTir  ;)    Please note that Saturday mornings class is scheduled to start at 9:30.  I will be pushing to start as soon as possible as there is a lot of material to cover.  Be there early.

                    Lessingham

                    On Mon 12/29/08 10:20:00 PM , "Brigit" brigitgoddess1@... sent:

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 30, 2008
                      Lessingham and others--

                      I really won't be able to make it before 10am (the hall doesn't even
                      open until then, so I don't think they will let those of us coming in
                      Saturday morning any earlier) so please leave your materials with
                      someone who can identify me--and can then bring it to me when they see
                      me arrive in the hall you will be teaching in--since that is where the
                      Guild table will be. Or--you could leave it UNDER the designated
                      table where I can find it (be sure that it has your name on it) The
                      same goes for anyone else who wants to be sure to be in Lessingham's
                      class from the beginning but has items for the table.

                      Thanks!!

                      Brigit

                      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, jeffery@... wrote:

                      > Well, we will be there from AnTir ;) Please note that Saturday
                      > mornings class is scheduled to start at 9:30. I will be pushing to
                      > start as soon as possible as there is a lot of material to cover. Be
                      > there early.
                      > Lessingham
                      > On Mon 12/29/08 10:20:00 PM , "Brigit" brigitgoddess1@...
                      > sent:
                      > Ok then--I'll be setting up the Guild table in the hall where all
                      > the
                      > rapier activity will be going on for Saturday---I should be rolling
                      > in
                      > around 10am. Please bring anything you have for display to me
                      > there--be sure to pick it up around 5pm which is the end of the
                      > display time.
                      > I'd also love it if someone would man the table in their "free"
                      > time---but I'm not holding my breath!!
                      > Brigit
                      > (Yahoo! ID required)
                      > To change settings via email:
                      > RoyalGuildofDefense-digest@yahoogroups.com [3]
                      > RoyalGuildofDefense-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [4]
                      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      >

                      > Links:
                      > ------
                      > [3] mailto:RoyalGuildofDefense-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      > [4] mailto:RoyalGuildofDefense-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                      > [6] http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Cerridwen Coedwig
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 8, 2009
                        Brigit wrote:
                        > Ok then--I'll be setting up the Guild table in the hall where all the
                        > rapier activity will be going on for Saturday---I should be rolling in
                        > around 10am. Please bring anything you have for display to me
                        > there--be sure to pick it up around 5pm which is the end of the
                        > display time.
                        >
                        > I'd also love it if someone would man the table in their "free"
                        > time---but I'm not holding my breath!!
                        >
                        > Brigit

                        I sat kinda next to it for a few hours. Does that count?

                        Cerridwen de still not done with that @#$% doublet