Canvasing for teachers...

  • Santiago
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2008
      So, because I can't leave well enough alone, I am now helping out by
      arranging classes for a combined Archery & Rapier event that will be
      hosted here in Darkwood, at Tres Pinos and currently scheduled for
      March 7th.

      And I need some teachers! *hint applied with sledgehammer*

      I'd like classes on all sorts of things. We'd like to see about
      encouraging some cross-over training and I'm looking at poking some
      people about working on things related to missle weapons on the rapier
      fields, since, you know, there are rules for that. *smile*

      I'll be teaching a couple of classes myself, including my "What are we
      Fighting For?" class on rapier in the West Kingdom and a movement
      class on Saviolo.

      I believe I may be able to talk David and Eyba into teaching their
      dagger class that was offered at Crown also.

      But that's only a beginning. I'd really like more so if you are
      interested, please contact me and let me know what you've got.

      As more details of the event firm up I'll be posting them here, but I
      wanted to give you all an early heads up.

      Thanks,

      Santiago

      --
      Enter a World of Elegant Magic
      www.santiagosmagic.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2008
        Here's motivation it research archery armor requirements! I'd also like
        to pull soft bits of heavy armor into my repertoire so that Garb as
        Armor can, er, cover everyone.

        Cerridwen de what kind of pads do "padboys" have to wear?

        Santiago wrote:
        > So, because I can't leave well enough alone, I am now helping out by
        > arranging classes for a combined Archery & Rapier event that will be
        > hosted here in Darkwood, at Tres Pinos and currently scheduled for
        > March 7th.
        >
        > And I need some teachers! *hint applied with sledgehammer*
        >
        > I'd like classes on all sorts of things. We'd like to see about
        > encouraging some cross-over training and I'm looking at poking some
        > people about working on things related to missle weapons on the rapier
        > fields, since, you know, there are rules for that. *smile*

        I thought the rules largely consisted of the letters TBA :)