So Far

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
      I have David who has volunteered to do BOTH Fencing 101 and his Sword
      and Dagger Class. He's also agreed to sit the table a bit.

      Staffan is trying to round some folks up to do Historical Fencing
      demos at the eric behind the A&S pavilion.

      I FOUND the Guild banner that Ximon made for our 12th Night table
      (underneath a rather large pile of tapestries and flags). He also is
      sending the Deserta (spelling) thingy he made for display (right? who
      is bringing it for you?) We're getting the War banner shipped down
      from Oertha (no--not period I know--but way, way cool to display). I
      have a Swetam and a Capo Ferro manual to display, as well as my
      (unadorned) Guild Journeyman's sash. I have a few copies of the "What
      is the Guild of Defense" handout that Ximon wrote up as well.

      How about it folks? What else? With all this discussion about a
      peerage that might include rapier (along with other combat arts) I
      think we need to really roll out the research and periodicity of our
      arte--and this is a great way to let folks see it. Let's show them
      that the Guild of Fence is there not just promoting fencing--but
      promoting PERIOD style and research--both excellent combat and
      excellent study.

      Also a great way to draw some of our newbie fighters into the Guild as
      well. Let's show them there are more options than just the WKWS for
      advancement and learning.

      Brigit
    • David Coblentz
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
        Hi Brigit
        I can bring a couple of books to display.  I've got a copy of Fabris I can bring, and also Castle's Schools and Masters of fence, and Gaugler's History of Fencing which both give a nice overview of many of the masters in our time period.  If Staffan doesn't mind, I can bring his copy of the Sloane manuscript on the London Masters which I am currently borrowing.

        David

        On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Brigit <brigitgoddess1@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Kevin Murakoshi
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
          Hi guys,

          I don't have a car right now, so I wasn't planning on making crown. If I
          could find a way out there, I might consider coming. There is SJSU this
          weekend, so can't commit right now, i would need to check with my
          rideshare down there.

          If needed, i can teach historical classes in introductory capoferro or
          swetnam (from my head), destreza (with puck's notes), and fabris (with
          some prep). I could also probably demonstrate those three styles if
          steffan wants.

          I've also got a copy of _Three Elizabethan Fencing Manuals_ that I could
          lend someone, and could print out some of the other manuals if people want.

          Again, i'm not sure that I will be able to make it, but if you guys need
          help...

          --Kevin

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
            Kevin--

            Crown is up near the Russian River this time on Hwy 116. See the West
            Kingdom online calendar for the link.

            SURELY someone on this list could give Kevin a ride? It would be
            LOVELY to have him teach just ONE of those classes....and we'd love to
            see him again!

            Brigit

            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Murakoshi
            <kevin.murakoshi@...> wrote:

> [...]
            display). I
            > > have a Swetam and a Capo Ferro manual to display, as well as my
            > > (unadorned) Guild Journeyman's sash. I have a few copies of
            the "What
            > > is the Guild of Defense" handout that Ximon wrote up as well.
            > >
            > > How about it folks? What else? With all this discussion about a
            > > peerage that might include rapier (along with other combat arts) I
            > > think we need to really roll out the research and periodicity
            of our
            > > arte--and this is a great way to let folks see it. Let's show them
            > > that the Guild of Fence is there not just promoting fencing--but
            > > promoting PERIOD style and research--both excellent combat and
            > > excellent study.
            > >
            > > Also a great way to draw some of our newbie fighters into the
            Guild as
            > > well. Let's show them there are more options than just the

          • Sean Kiernan
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
              Kevin,

              Let me know if you help with the Fabris prep. I won't be able to make to A&S

              Niccolo

              Sean Kiernan
              Marketing Representative
              Northern Nevada Title Company