Ladies treasure chest tourney at White shield 3/15/2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      Attention all women rapier fighters!

      Inspired by the wonderful Ladies Tournament at Estrella, The Company
      of the Martillodores will be sponsoring a Ladies Treasure Chest
      Tournament at White Shield this year! The fighting format will be in
      a Swiss Five style and and The champion of the tournament will also
      go home with a beautiful (real and deadly--not for use on the
      field!!!), finely crafted Roundel dagger made by Godrich of
      Castlemont!

      If you're not familiar with the tournament format, we are asking all
      entrants to bring a bauble for the prize table (a.k.a., the treasure
      chest). Something not too expensive--but something you might like to
      take home at the end of the day yourself. That way, ALL entrants will
      be going home with a prize. Gentlemen, you can also get in on the
      game by possibly showing what kind of gentleman you are by sponsoring
      a female fighter. We're hoping this tournament highlights the
      wonderful female fighters of this Kingdom both established and up and
      coming ones.

      We would also welcome lady rapier fighters from other kingdoms as
      well! If you intend to enter, please contact us and let us know.

      Photos of the dagger can be seen in the Photos section of the
      Westfence Yahoo Group or you can send an email and we will send a
      picture to you.

      So spread the word and hope to see a fine turnout!

      Go to http://www.baronyofdarkwood.org/events.shtml#ws for directions
      and information on the event.

      Long live the King and Queen of the West!

      Ximón Martillo de Cordoba,
      Principal of the company of the Martillodore