Guild opportunites in the North

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2007
      It is really exciting to see more opportunities showing up for the Guild
      to make a presence at. I was thinking about how we in the North could
      do the same in our local and to that end have come up with two items,
      one that we did and one we're working on for Summer Coronet.

      At the November Oerthan Collegium, the autocrat had a room available for
      folks to bring samples from their personal research libraries for folks
      to peruse between classes. It was a grand success. I spoke and
      arranged with the autocrat for the section on fighting books, manuals
      etc to be co-sponsored by the West Kingdom Royal Guild of Fence with a
      sign and everything. We had a collection ranging from M.S. I.33 to
      Thibault to collections of papers such as the SPADA publications. There
      were translations of works, interpretations of various works as well as
      guides for teaching historical studies. I look forward to having
      opportunities in the future to co-sponsor this library again.

      At the Oerthan Summer Coronet & Investiture, we will be sponsoring a
      display of weapons covering the SCA time period. We will be
      borrowing/collecting etc, replica weapons and displaying next to them
      their SCA equivalent for use in the Society. Hopefully we will get
      permission from the owners of said weapons for folks to be able to pick
      up and compare the real to the corresponding simulator blades.
      What other ideas do folks have?

      Sorcha Careman
      LGM
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
        Sounds great! I'd love to see our display at 12th Night be half as
        interesting as either one of these sound!

        Brigit

        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Berry (Sorcha