Performing Arts Festival

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2007
      Greetings All,

      As those who attended Purgatorio or who have read Her Majesty's words
      in the Page are aware, Their Majesties will be holding a Performing
      Art Festival at October Crown. TMs have specifically extended an
      invitation to those rapier fighters who wish to develop a rapier
      oriented piece to present it at the Festival.

      Such pieces may range from presentations from period manuals to
      choreographed fight scenes from plays. Use your imagination.

      Most of these pieces will fall under the "Historic Combat" rules
      found below. However, I'm sure some gray areas will exist. If you
      planning on organizing a demonstration please email me a note by
      October 1 with a brief description of what you intend to do, who is
      participating with you, and what your safety precautions are.

      The Historic Combat guidelines are available at:
      http://sca.org/officers/arts/histcombat.html

      Their Majesties truly hope that all the populace will come out for
      this endeavor, whether to present a rapier-oriented piece, some other
      performance piece, or to serve as a spectator.

      If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

      Else
      KRM
    • Tim Converse
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2007
        Well, since Staffan doesn't seem to want to mention it himself (very
        humble that guy), I thought I'd mention that a little birdy (ie My lady
        wife Rose) told me that Staffan was given a Leaf of Merit at Purg this
        weekend for his exceptional service at Pennsic.

        Congratulations Staffan!

        Santiago
      • Joyce Corder

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2007
            Thank you all for your comments!

            Staffan

            --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Joyce Corder
            <violacarrara@...> wrote:

            > Congratulations my friend...very very well deserved
            >
            > Viola
            >
            > Tim Converse <santiago@...> wrote:
            > Well, since Staffan doesn't seem to want to mention it
            himself (very
            > humble that guy), I thought I'd mention that a little birdy (ie My
            lady
            > wife Rose) told me that Staffan was given a Leaf of Merit at Purg
            this
            > weekend for his exceptional service at Pennsic.
            >
            > Congratulations Staffan!
            >
            > Santiago
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • Puck Curtis
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2007
              Hola,

              That's very well done Staffan!

              Puck

              <violacarrara@...> wrote:

              > Congratulations my friend...very very well deserved
              >
              > Viola
              >
              > Tim Converse <santiago@...> wrote:
              > Well, since Staffan doesn't seem to want to mention it
              himself (very
              > humble that guy), I thought I'd mention that a little birdy (ie My
              lady
              > wife Rose) told me that Staffan was given a Leaf of Merit at Purg
              this
              > weekend for his exceptional service at Pennsic.
              >
              > Congratulations Staffan!
              >
              > Santiago

              "Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so."
              Galileo Galilei
              http://www.destreza.us/