Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Awards was Cerridwen's notes

  • haenterprises
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005

      1) Alail - I assume you meant Ash Leaf.

      2) I have heard the assertion a couple of different places recently
      (that all letters of rec need to go through guildmasters).  While
      this is certainly true for GM/Courtier, on what grounds does the
      guild claim control of awarding fighting awards such as the Ash Leaf
      (Kingdom Amergious fighting) and Gladius ... (Cynguan rapier award)?

      Else

      Yes, Else  I meant the Ash Leaf.  There seems to have been a mishear here; the GM/Courtier *is* the only award under control of the Guild, but as it is the highest achievable award for rapier, I believe it is coercive for it to be in the control of the Guild.

        The Ash leaf is the new Kingdom (AoA level) award for *any* martial activity, including but not limited to rapier (I know this one, I helped create it! : )  ).  The Gladius is specific to rapier, and given at the will of the Prince of Cynagua.

      a/s