some news - figured I better post it here too.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2007
      Hey all,

      I have been threatened with bodily harm from (my wife)Rhiannon if I
      don't tell everyone in the Shire and to the community at large...So
      here it is;

      This past Sunday, at the Kingdom Rapier championship, it was a grand
      time. If you weren't there, it was a great day for rapier. We had 44
      (yes 44!) entrants to the list. I was so proud of the Kingdom and to
      the rapier fighters who have put in (at times real) blood, sweat and
      tears to bring Rapier to the West.

      And then there was an announcement by HRM Uther that The Courtier to
      the Crown of the West was to be closed, Permanently.

      And at Beltaine, the Order of the WESTERN WHITE SCARF is to be
      created!

      This is REAL SCA history......As one Caidan Don has said,
      "Has Hell has frozen over?"

      No, but the sun is shining proud on a bigger part of the West these
      days. Well, suffice to say,(for kingdom rapier championship) I did
      not make the cut. After my second death, I retired the field, I knelt
      before my lady, told her that I tried, but failed to win the honor
      for her.

      In her grace, she smiled and kissed my sorrow away, telling me
      softly that I had won and kept honor for her.

      So, I headed back to camp to get a bite to eat. On the way there, I
      met Tashi of Falcon's Claw walking in the opposite direction. She
      stopped, said hello, smiled sweetly and asked if I could escort a
      lady somewhere. I said yes, and off we went..........

      Straight to the royal pavillion. We then stopped.

      Smiling sweetly again, "Here we are...", she cheerfully said as she
      gently shoved me in front of the King.

      (Yikes!think fast on your feet, man!)

      So, I kneeled.

      "How may I serve your Majesty?" I said.

      He smiled.

      "You already have Ximon, NOW it is time to recognize that service."

      Through the tears of joy from both of us, eloquent words were spoken
      from his mouth and I was asked to join the order of the Pelican.

      I spoke in a pleading voice, "Your Majesty, please, please. I beg of
      you, may I ask for a moment to think about this?"

      "Take all the time you need" He said as he leaned back in his
      throne. (He enjoyed doing this to people).

      I thanked His Majesty, then I stood up and turned to find
      Rhiannon standing within a couple of feet from me. I grabbed her arm
      and moved her out of the royal pavillion.......It was the most
      private public moment I ever had with my wife. Totally concentrating
      on her as best as I could, I gave her one last chance to back out.

      She refused.

      (In for a penny, In for a pound)

      I turned back and knelt to His Majesty Uther, HRH Jade was sitting
      next to him and also seemed to watch this unfold with a bit of
      delight across HIS face

      (Oh, to be a king!)

      I spoke,"Your Majesty, I will never be a Knight, and I have doubts
      that I will get a Laurel for Destreza so, I know this is my only
      chance for a Peerage and I would gladly accept this honor.." I can't
      remember much else. I was still a bit stunned

      The deed was done.

      and He asked when I would care to be elevated, I again asked for some
      time until the end of the day to tell him.

      So, at June Crown this year, I will accept the invitation to Join
      the Order of the Pelican and I would like to ask if you would all
      bear witness to it. So far, I am planning a potluck and all the vigil
      details will be told in due time.

      Xìmon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2007
        Thanks!

        Staffan

        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ximon el Martillo de
        Cordoba" <xochimil@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > (In for a penny, In for a pound)
        >
        > I turned back and knelt to His Majesty Uther, HRH Jade was sitting
        > next to him and also seemed to watch this unfold with a bit of
        > delight across HIS face
        >
        > (Oh, to be a king!)
        >
        > I spoke,"Your Majesty, I will never be a Knight, and I have doubts
        > that I will get a Laurel for Destreza so, I know this is my only
        > chance for a Peerage and I would gladly accept this honor.." I can't
        > remember much else. I was still a bit stunned
        >
        > The deed was done.
        >
        > and He asked when I would care to be elevated, I again asked for
        some
        > time until the end of the day to tell him.
        >
        > So, at June Crown this year, I will accept the invitation to Join
        > the Order of the Pelican and I would like to ask if you would all
        > bear witness to it. So far, I am planning a potluck and all the

      • stephen spencer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007

          Congratulations, Ximon and welcome. I wish I would be able to leave fair Oertha and travel south to witness your elevation but I fear it’s unlikely to happen.

          Breock of Whitby , OP

          Journeyman WKGoF