Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: class offering (May 19th)

  • Puck Curtis
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17 8:16 PM
      Hola,

      The date of event is May 19th?

      I might actually be able to teach something after my practical on May 5th.

      Puck

      On 3/16/07, Beth Berry (Sorcha Careman) <sorcha@...> wrote:
      Thank you to all for stepping up to offer so many classes for Rapier.
      I would ask that you contact the autocrat directly, Donata, at dawn@...
      with your information.

      Sorcha
      LGM

      Staffan Arffuidsson wrote:

      Greetings,

      Antonio, I've asked that my Meyer class does not conflict with your
      class. I have wanted to attend your classes for the past couple of
      Collegiums, hopefully I can this time!

      Sorcha, should those who wish to teach at Collegium reply to your
      message, or send something to the Collegium Chancellor herself? And,
      if the latter is the case, is there an e-mail address or web site to
      find out more?

      Thank you very much!

      In Service,
      Staffan

      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Barone Antonio Giordano
      da Sicilia, O.P." <dragonslair88@...> wrote:

      Ximon,

      I am scheduled to present the following class at this year's Spring
      Collegium...

      Castiglione for Fighters: the courtly warrior.*

      *(alternately titled: "Prowess is only the beginning.")

      This class is geared towards all SCA fighters (armored and rapier).
      I have used "The Book of the Courtier" in three previous classes over
      the last six years: "The Making of a Knight," "The Knight in His
      Age" and "The Evolution of Chivalric Virtue." This class will
      utilize Castiglione's magnum opus in terms of understanding the
      responsibility of the warrior, the courtly warrior's code of honor
      and the opportunity for individuals to enhance their kingdom by the
      exercize of their virtue as well as their sword. Yes, prowess is of
      great importance, but it is only one aspect of the noble warrior.

      In service,

      Antonio

      --
      "El mejor Maeſtro es el ingenio de cada vno."
      "The best Master is one's cleverness."