Class Suggestion - Recruiting

  • revmike4
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2007
      Greetings Esteemed Fencers of the West,

      In an earlier post Provost Staffan Arffuidsson inquired about class
      suggestions.

      I have noticed the proposed classes are mostly aimed at members of
      the Fencing community. While this event provides a good opportunity
      for our own development, there will be many of the populace who would
      not receive as much benefit from these more advanced classes.

      I would like to humbly submit that Collegium is a GREAT time to
      recruit new fencers.

      I have requested the first time slot of the day from Mistress Donata
      for an 'Introduction to Rapier' class.

      Hopefully the un-initiated who are curious about Rapier will take the
      Intro class in the morning and then have a foundation for either
      taking classes throughout the day or at least attending their local
      practices.

      It has been my experience that recruiting is literally twice as
      effective if there is a Lady instructor as well, so if any of the
      most excellent West Kingdom Lady Fencers would like to co-host this
      class it would be a welcome delight.

      Lastly, I would like to take out a full page ad in the "Page" for the
      Rapier aspects of this years Spring Collegium. If you would like
      your classes listed in this ad please email me the title of your
      class, a brief description and the time slot.

      Dar Hightower used to say for every hundred you talked to, you were
      lucky to get three. I love a good challenge.

      Yours in Service,

      Lysander Griffing
      Provost