West Kingdom Rapier Champion Tournament at March Crown...and more

  • Michael Jacobs
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2007

      It's with great excitement that I announce the format and schedule
      for the first West Kingdom Rapier Champion Tourney...

      Please attend Their Royal Majesties of the West!!
      All Rapier Combatants willing and able to fulfill the requirements of
      this year long office are invited to compete in this tournament. It
      will be held on Sunday, March 25th. Armor inspections will begin at
      9:30am. The lists will close at 10:15am and TRMs will begin the
      Invocation promptly at 10:30am.
      The format will be a Double Elimination Tournament. The first round
      will be strictly single rapier and the Finals will be best three out
      of five. Further details on the tournament will be announced during
      Invocation. Any questions should be directed at myself or our KRM.

      As the West's first KRC I want to recognize all of your efforts. We
      have all worked very hard to make this Championship a reality. Over
      the years we have had a many victories and many defeats....but we
      have succeeded! Now is not the time to relax and take a break
      though. Now is the time to take advantage of all the years of effort
      and make them truly worthwhile! We have the opportunity to truly
      make Rapier combat and our community integral to the health and well
      being of the West Kingdom in general. I encourage you to teach as
      many as are willing about Rapier and to welcome all comers with open
      arms. At the same time, please help any newcomers to understand the
      SCA, the West and our values. We can make an even more important
      impact here than with just our activities on the Eric.

      One of you will win the tournament in a few weeks and you will truly
      be our Champion. You will represent the Rapier Community and the
      West to the rest of the Known World. Their Majesties will rely on
      you for your prowess on the field as well as your council off of it.
      Be prepared to travel, fight and teach. Most importantly, be ready
      to be the epitome of Honor, Chivalry and Courtesy. Everyone will be
      looking at you and judging you, the Rapier community and the West by
      your actions...and possibly by your inaction. You won't be alone
      though. As you make us all proud as our Champion we will be there to
      support you.

      Last, I look forward to seeing you all at March Crown. I'm sure that
      this will be the greatest Rapier Tourney we've ever seen!

      Yours in Service,
      --
      Michael of Castle Keep
      Kingdom Rapier Champion

      "Don't Blink...You'll Die in the Dark!"

      408-734-5164
      mikej@...
    • Tim Converse
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2007
        What a weekend!

        I would like to thank everyone who helped Seaghdha and I run this event,
        starting with most of the Canton of Caer Darth! Everyone who was able
        pitched in helping with everything from setup to final breakdown. Rose,
        Rowan, Grannia, Collin, Nightshade, Alex, Zinnada, Shane and Nichole
        all helped us with keep our sanity by taking on jobs left and right.

        We would like to thank Baron Erich and Baroness Lisel of Darkwood, Baron
        Geoffry and Baroness Linda of Westermak, and Baroness Ghislaine of
        Vinhold for their support. The three Barony format is something
        Seaghdha and I will continue to explore for this event in the coming
        years. We would also like to thank Their Majesties Uther and Kara for
        participating in our event. It was an honor for all of us to cross
        blades with His Majesty Uther as well.

        More then 20 rapier fighters came to the field to challenge Seaghdha,
        Staffan and myself as we played our Provost Prizes, and 16 fighters took
        on the Baronial Challenge Tourney.

        Congratulations to Original Nightshade and Lady Nyaa of The Cassandra
        Raven (sp?) who both received Leaves of Merit.
        Congratulations to Lord Nyteshade, David Falcone, Seaghdha, and Staffan
        who all received Ash Leaves. (And I got one too!)
        Congratulations to Lady Cecilia who received her Award of Arms.
        Congratulations to Blayde who won the Baroness' Basket in the Baronial
        Challenge Tourney.

        And a special thanks to Lord Nyteshade as Seaghdha's Provost Sponsor,
        Michael of Castle Keep as Staffan's Provost Sponsor and David Falcone
        and Crimson as my Provost Sponsor.

        Juan Santiago
        Provost and Very Tired Co-Autocrat