report on cut and thrust collegium

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2007
      Went to the Cut and Thrust collegium today and got to
      revisit the C&T
      101, and take the 102 and 103 classes.

      If you did not attend it, you missed a great set of classes!

      I want to thank our Kingdom Rapier Marshall, Elsé for leading the
      classes and the authorizations. I had a great time geting to spar
      with Mari and Gemini, the hospitality of the great Canale people,
      Brendan McNeill O' Neil and several people getting the Heavy rapier
      authorizations all made this a great day for learning about Cut and
      thrust Rapier. I also got some insight on a few things.

      1. If you're a hard-suit fighter, this is great venue for playing
      with steel in the SCA. Persusive cut combos rock!

      2. If you're a rapier fighter.......... You better start learing to
      do pell work, cuz you're gonna need it.

      3. I came across a curious thing when I fought Mari. As I fought her,
      in most attacks that involved a thrust, I got a good shot to land
      about 70% of the time without being parried. Sometimes, I was lucky
      enough to get a "quick-draw" shot on her.
      BUT, when it came to doing combos that you see a Hard-suit fighter do
      in an attack past my point (Ask Her Grace what an "oogah" shot is), I
      pretty much was toasted....(...on a spit......with bar-b-que sauce) I
      could only just stand there when she got past my point and wince,
      knowing that I had the good fortune to see my demise
      coming......Lucky me.

      But seriously, I am really, really glad I went. In fact, I am so
      enamoured with playing C&T, I am planning to add it as a martial
      class at the L' Esercisio della Spada this year!...Are you
      authorized?

      I will be waiting for you in June.

      Xìmon