Fwd: Re: and now for something completey different

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2006
      I should be careful what order I read my lists in. Problem resolved.

      Else

      --- In sca-west@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Malmstrom" <dawn@...> wrote:

      > Well ... one could get rid of actual fighting type classes and
      > substitute in those classes for the martially inclined such as
      > strategy for war, including classes regarding specific battles or
      > crusades and why the strategy of one side beat the other side ... I
      > know we have a number of people who have excellent knowledge on
      these
      > subjects. Also info on how to improve your armor kit, how to
      better
      > construct a weapon etc might be classes that anyone from a new
      > fighter to those who have been around a while might enjoy.
      >
      > Megan

      Thank you your Grace,

      That is exactly what I hope to see. I am not against having fighting
      related classes. Just no reason to get into armor. There is more to
      fighting than just fighting.

      As for rapier, because they don't get the same amount of practice time
      or places to play as the heavies, I have no problem with a few active
      classes. I would also encourage them to do strategy, kit, and history
      classes. There is more to rapier than just rapier. :)

      I'm sorry to say that archery will only happen if we luck into a site
      that can handle it. If someone wanted to teach a class on fletching or
      arrow/bow making however, room for that can be arranged.

      Donata

      --- End forwarded message ---