Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] from the chancelor of the collegium - from SCA West

  • Cerridwen Coedwig
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2006
      For those not on SCA_West, I replied this already:

      Donata wrote:
      <snip>
      > Although I strongly believe that fighting classes are unnessary in
      > this venue, classes about strategy and armor making will be encouraged.

      Um, *please* don't get rid of the Cut and Thrust Rapier classes. It is
      a very new program, so the training can be hard to get at regular
      practices, unlike "SCA generic" fencing, and even marshal training..

      > If you wish to teach a class please contact me directly at
      > collegium(at)westkingdom(dot)org
      >
      > Thanks for your time.
      > Donata Bonacorsi

      Thank you, I shall.

      Cerridwen
    • Else Hunrvogt
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2006
        All,

        Please send comments into Donata about classes that you have liked
        and disliked in the past. If the fighting classes have been
        important to you and one of the reasons you have attended in the
        past, let her know. Private notes are a great way to get our point
        across, and I have already sent data on how many folks attended the
        various types of courses I have taught. Please feel free to CC me on
        the notes.

        In regards to C&T training, rest assured there is always a Plan B. I
        will not mandate a class and then not provide opportunities for
        people to take it. My greater concern is Rapier 101 and period
        specific techniques classes. I would like to see these continue as a
        way to introduce people to what may be new-to-them concepts.

        The Kingdom Officer's meeting is scheduled for December 3rd in
        Sacramento. It is open to the populace and I imagine that Donata
        will be there. If this situation does not resolve itself before
        then, I will be taking the time to chat with the Chancellor then.

        And always remember, when some people say fighting, they mean heavy.
        She may not have been thinking of excluding the rapier program when
        she made the statement.

        Else

        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Cerridwen Coedwig

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
          --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Else
          Hunrvogt" <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

          > All,
          [snip]

          > The Kingdom Officer's meeting is scheduled for December 3rd in
          > Sacramento. It is open to the populace and I imagine that Donata
          > will be there. If this situation does not resolve itself before
          > then, I will be taking the time to chat with the Chancellor then.
          >
          > And always remember, when some people say fighting, they mean
          heavy.
          > She may not have been thinking of excluding the rapier program when
          > she made the statement.
          >
          > Else
          ====

          I have already made plans to be there, ince it is about 2 miles from
          my house.

          I posted the announcement to start getting people ready to teach at
          collegium. It is essencial that we as a guild offer classes to keep
          our presence alive in the kingdom.

          I am looking to teach a class or two myself at the collegium.

          Ximón
          dean of curriculum