Bylaws changes......

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
      I actually like Staffans suggestion of classifying youth as Scholars
      till they can fight prizes against adults without any restrictions.
      First, it gives them a no pressure option to join the guild and
      something to look forward to as they get older and gain skill.
      Second, having a system where youth fight adults either in a limited,
      or in a more choreographed setting would create a two tier system of
      freescholars, journeymen, etc. where those who fight under whatever
      youth stipulations we may eventually agree on are not going t bee seen
      as the same as an adult who fights a prize under our current system.

      Just my two pence,
      Alaryn
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2006
        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <evbranscum@...> wrote:

        > I actually like Staffans suggestion of classifying youth as Scholars
        > till they can fight prizes against adults without any restrictions.
        > First, it gives them a no pressure option to join the guild and
        > something to look forward to as they get older and gain skill.

        ===
        I like the title suggested by Staffan for the youth, but I would like
        to amend that to " Scholar,youth". I am proposing that we members in
        the guild are ALL "scholars" excpet the patrons/Patroness'.
        =====

        > Second, having a system where youth fight adults either in a limited,
        > or in a more choreographed setting would create a two tier system of
        > freescholars, Journeymen, etc. where those who fight under whatever
        > youth stipulations we may eventually agree on are not going to be
        seen as the same as an adult who fights a prize under our current
        system.

        ====
        I can only see the "choreographed" actions between youth and adult
        scholars in a training capacity, not in tournament capacity.

        I myself have reservations with youth actually fighting adult until
        they reach a certain age (16-17). I'm not clear on how this will all
        work.

        Ximon
        DoC
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2006
          Greetings,

          < Ximon wrote:
          ===
          I like the title suggested by Staffan for the youth, but I would like
          to amend that to " Scholar,youth". I am proposing that we members in
          the guild are ALL "scholars" excpet the patrons/Patroness'.
          ===== >

          I am a little confused by your terminology, Ximon. While I agree
          that we are all scholars of history (and historical combat), I was
          suggesting that we call them Scholars because that is the first rank
          within the Guild.

          If you would be kind enough to elaborate further, I would greatly
          appriciate it.

          In Service,