Awards and Advancement

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
      As there seem to be several guild members who are not personally ready
      to advance, this might be an excellent time to turn them in to the
      Royalty. I can think of 3 individuals that have been publically urged
      to play their Provost prizes but have remained silent (or said not-
      right-now).

      How does one reccomend someone for an award? Well, it's really very
      easy.

      1) Familiarize yourself with the awards that a person holds. The
      awards list is searchable by name at
      http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/ALPHAMEN.HTM

      *note that the persons geographic location is listed in the awards list.

      2) Familiarize yourself with the awards that that person might be
      eligible for. You can search both Kingdom and Principality lists.
      Many of the 'fighting' awards are generally enough to apply to rapier
      combat. Don't forget service and arts awards as applicable.

      West -
      Mists -
      Cynagua -
      Oertha -
    • Else Hunrvogt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        As there seem to be several guild members who are not personally ready
        to advance, this might be an excellent time to turn them in to the
        Royalty. I can think of 3 individuals that have been publically urged
        to play their Provost prizes but have remained silent (or said not-
        right-now).

        How does one reccomend someone for an award? Well, it's really very
        easy.

        1) Familiarize yourself with the awards that a person holds. The
        awards list is searchable by name at

        http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/ALPHAMEN.HTM

        *note that the persons geographic location is listed in the awards list.

        2) Familiarize yourself with the awards that that person might be
        eligible for. You can search both Kingdom and Principality lists.
        Many of the 'fighting' awards are general enough to apply to rapier
        combat. Don't forget service and arts awards as applicable.

        West - http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/awarddsc.htm
        Mists - http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/mistsdsc.htm
        Cynagua - http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/cynaguadsc.htm
        Oertha - http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Awards/oerthadsc.htm

        3) Write a letter. I like to include who I am, how I know this person
        and 2-3 examples of why they are worthy of the award. I also include
        events that the person is likely to be at if they don't travel much,
        and contact information for myself if the Royalty have any further
        questions. The Mists and Cynaguan have forms on the website that you
        can fill out in addition to having email addresses for the Royalty.

        Royal email addresses - http://www.westkingdom.org/royalty/index.php

        Mists rec form - http://mists.westkingdom.org/RecommendLetter.shtml
        Cynaguan rec form - http://cynagua.org/awards/form/

        Happy Writing,

        Else
      • Else Hunrvogt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
          Why doesn't the editting in yahoo work like the editting in MS Word?

          EH