Fw: 2nd try: Invitation to 16th C Salon to Rapier Community

  • Nancy DT Reimers
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2006
      Greetings Western Rapier Fighters,

      I recieved the following invitation for Beltane to forward on...  Might be a good place for a prize or a C&T Demo...

      Else

      Onto the Rapier Marshals of the West Kingdom does Viscountess Genevieve de Vendome, OL, send Greetings.

      As you may already know, I will be hosting a 16th C Salon at Beltane on Saturday. The idea of this Salon is to highlight the court activities and entertainments of the 16th C. As  mastery of rapier was part of a courtier's education, rapier fighting would seem to be a natural fit. I would, therefore, like to extend a special invitation to the West Kingdom rapier community to come and participate in the Salon. I think it would be great if we could co-locate a rapier field with the Salon, but if the rapier fighters just want to come and socialize and  play games they would be most welcome.

      YIS,
      Genevieve de Vendome
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2006
        --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, Nancy DT Reimers
        <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Western Rapier Fighters,
        >
        > I recieved the following invitation for Beltane to forward on...
        Might
        > be a good place for a prize or a C&T Demo...
        >
        > Else

        =====

        To all,
        I would suggest that if you are interested in expressing late period
        persona.. this is an excellent opportunity to do so. this is exactly
        the kind of thing that I was talking about when one trys to research
        about the aspects of a courtier.

        Ximón