spring collegium

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
      who is planning to have a class at May collegium?

      I am hoping to finally have my roundtable discussion of "teaching
      the Teacher" there and invite all teachers and would be teachers to
      attend. This is a perfect opportunity to shine in teaching our class
      that you have always wanted to have.

      sword techinque is not the only thing thatcan be done there.
      I would like to suggest ideas for people to have classes on:

      *Are you in to your persona's history? then in ration to rapier how
      do the germans, Italians and english fight? if you are non-itaian
      what would be the differences in fighting style?*

      *what about your philosphy as a fighter? who is your persona
      influenced by in religion and culture?*

      *"The woman rapier fighter in the West" - differences? similarities
      to men's fighting? If you were to instruct a woman in begining
      rapier, what does she NEED to know? 9Thisd can be taught by either a
      male or female instructor)

      Ok, So that is a few. these are suggestions for classes. But my point
      here as Dean of curriculum is to also get people who have something
      valuable to share to get involved in teaching what they know.

      I will be nagging you guys lter for more input, hopefully.

      Ximon
      dean of curriculum.
    • Elsa DieLowin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
        I look forward o the Teaching the Teacher class. I want to progress far
        enough that I can teach more than the basic footwork and parries, but am
        not ready yet. I do have some ideas about what women need to learn
        differently from men, based on my own experiences, some research, and on
        discussions on LadyRapier.

        Cerridwen