96Re: Eric Space, Prize Pomp, and Leadership--Long reply

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Mar 3, 2005
      --- In RoyalGuildofDefense@yahoogroups.com, "Staffan Arffuidson"
      <arffuidson@y...> wrote:

      As for Else's comment about not bringing armor to
      > an event that would have Guild activities, well I would not like
      being
      > in the Guild if we can not have something for everyone.

      Staffan,

      Let me clarify my comment. It's not that I wouldn't attend an event
      that has guild activities. It's that I probably wouldn't plan on
      bringing armor if all the rapier fighting time was devoted to an
      activity in which I do not/ can not participate. I can find lots of
      stuff to do at the event.

      I have no problems with prizes being fought only by guild members.
      With the prize as test model, it makes a lot of sense. You need to
      have the "examiners" in the test be familiar with the requirements at
      that level. I am the first to admit I have no idea what skills the
      WKGoD is looking for when advancing people in rank.

      Else
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic