579Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] Re: Charter revision proposal file upload- LONG

  • Zebee Johnstone
    Jun 2, 2005
      On 6/3/05, crimsonkyl <crimsonkil@...> wrote:
      > Not without merit, but we have already had two journeymen made on
      > the spot, at the discretion of a Guildmaster. No prize was fought,
      > no announcements beforehand, just "hey guys, guess what?"

      I don't think wanting time in grade is a useful solution to that.

      Requiring prizes to be played as a condition of advancement, and
      stating a minimum number of examiners will work better I think.

      As does social pressure, if you can exert it :)

      If those journeymen are useless then the Guild can show that to be so
      and others will realise they aren't "real". If they aren't, but do
      the job even if their elevation was unorthodox, then it's water under
      the bridge.

      The "Bellatrix's knighting" story comes to mind...

      Silfren
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic