1642Proposal for LGM Changeover

    Mar 5, 2009
      It is time to consider who will be the next Lord Guildmaster.
      I have been the LGM for 4 years now. We've had two Bylaws rewrites,
      have a badge submission in with Vesper, increased the number of Prizes
      in all areas, to include Provosts and two new Guildmasters/Courtiers and
      have built other activities to showcase the Guild.

      There is an officer core of the Guild, which has been active to varying
      degrees and helped to stabilize and support the day to day workings of
      the Guild. We've had changes in the office of Dean of Curriculum, have
      an upcoming change for the Dean of Students and the position of
      Webminister/mistress is currently being advertised.

      We've inducted the following as Patron/Patroness of the Guild:
      Anna Serre, Ghislaine d'Auxerre, Liesl Helmschmiedin, Erich der
      Helmschmied, Elizabeth De Gresse and Alienor Fitzhenry

      Per our bylaws:
      Selection Process
      At the end of the Lord Guildmaster/Lady Guildmistress' term of office, a
      successor will be chosen by them and approved by the officers and those
      guild members who have successfully played a Prize for the rank they
      hold. If the successor chosen does not meet the approval of the
      officers and said guild members then, a new successor is to be chosen by
      a method agreed upon by the officers and said guild members.
      So I am asking for commentary, in looking at the Guildmasters on board,
      I would propose that Nytshaed will be a good fit for the LGM position at
      this time. His interaction with and support of the Western community
      over the years and the Guild in particular is there. There is a
      maturity, focus and continued leadership that has been shown. It is
      time also to have a LGM who will be a more visible figure, therefore
      meaning more local, to the majority of the Guild than I have been up
      here in Oertha.

      Feel free to respond privately if you prefer.
      In Service to the Guild and the West,
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic