1411Re: [RoyalGuildofDefense] "principality or kingdom level event"

  • Edgar Branscum
    Jul 12, 2007
      If there is ample time for planning, and our Lady Guildmistress is notified well in advance has there been any problems with getting a variance?  And has there been any need to ask for a variance so far?
      I know that my upcoming Provost prize was a concern for me since we only have two Principality events a year and no Kingdom level events at all, and I would much rather play the prize during the summer rather than winter.  There was a very real possibility of having to wait a year to play the prize if the scheduling couldn't be worked out for our Coronet weekend.  Thankfully it was able to be worked into the schedule so I didn't have to wait, but I was prepared for that eventuality.

      Alaryn

      Cerridwen Coedwig <cerridwen@...> wrote:
      I am *in no way* questioning the qualification of any of our recent
      Provosts, but I note that the Charter says that Provost and Guildmaster
      prizes "must be played at a principality or kingdom level event, unless
      the Lord Guildmaster waives this requirement due to the Prize being
      played in an outlying region of the Kingdom such as the Far West or the
      Marches".

      Perhaps there should be an amendment to the Charter that they may also
      be at "an event at which Royalty is present"? At least for Provost
      level? The Caer Darth Rapier Event is not principality or kingdom level
      (nor held in a remote location), and Their Majesties were in *avid*
      attendance, as were guests from out of kingdom. I think such an
      amendment would add flexibility to our options for higher level Prizes.

      Cerridwen
      who was re-reading Journeyman requirements and kept going

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: