How do you tell a good Root Cause Analysis Report from a bad one?

  • Dr. Bill Corcoran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 8:51 AM
      Please give me your favorite attributes (good vs. bad) side-by-side.

      For example, my favorites are:

      Good: The RCAR is transparent, I.e., it is easy to tell where it is illogical, weak, limited, and/or shallow.
      Bad: The RCAR is opaque, i.e., it is hard to tell what its limitations are.

      Take care,

      Bill Corcoran

      W. R. Corcoran, Ph.D., P.E.
      Nuclear Safety Review Concepts
      21 Broadleaf Circle
      Windsor, CT 06095-1634
      860-285-8779
      Mission: Saving lives, pain, assets, and careers through thoughtful inquiry.

      The American Nuclear Society is sponsoring a full day root cause analysis workshop on August 12, 2004 at Amelia Island, FL.  Dr. Corcoran will be the Chief Instructor.

      Register on line at http://www2.ans.org/meetings/uwc/registration/
      Or download the description in the Utility Working Conference Preliminary Program from http://www.ans.org/meetings/index.cgi?c=t