UFO parma boss

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      Please toss into the air for some blue sky background and post the
      photo! 20 years from now it will appear on a UFO website as the real
      thing!
    • David Wills
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
        Believe me, I was tempted...and put the camera slightly out of focus, too.

        Actually, my present thought is to trim off some of the flat flange, down to the first ring, flatten it, and use some stamping tools to add a little decorative design around the edge.  I've been told that the flange is too wide for a normal boss, and I tend to agree.  It came like that before I dished it out, so I left it.  But off it goes.  That will give me some metal I can practice the stamping/incising on without dealing with the final product.  Practice is good.  I have some different tools that might work, bumps, dents, dots, lines, all are known to have been used.

        A scene all around the edge of legions slaughtering a phalanx of barbarians, and cavalry running down some fleeing infantry would be good, with all the figures done in repousse.  But I don't have the first idea how to do that, so it ain't gonna happen.  Don't get your hopes up.  : )

        Heh.

        Saepe veritas est dura.
        ---M. Demetrius Abicio

        Please toss into the air for some blue sky background and post the
        photo! 20 years from now it will appear on a UFO website as the real
        thing!

      • richard robinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
          the best advice i ever got was that it is only a matter of pushing up the overall shape so that you can punch it back down into the shapes that u want....if u follow my drift...
          that and finding the legio xx tips page...if only we had net when i were young.....

          Please toss into the air for some blue sky background and post the
          photo! 20 years from now it will appear on a UFO website as the real
          thing!

          Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.