Re: [Romanshield] Repub shield photo added

  • David Wills
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
      Thanks, I've read that page and it's very helpful, but that is designed for curving in ONE direction (like a flat-topped scutum, for example).  But when the curved surface also curves in an oval, everything is much more complicated and difficult.  I'm trying again with thinner metal, and will see what happens then.  How did the Ancients do it?

      No idea.

      Saepe veritas est dura.
      ---M. Demetrius Abicio