Re: Shield Colour

  • Paul Graves
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2008
      No full colour roman shield catalogs found in Pompeii then?

      --- In Romanshield@yahoogroups.com, David Wills <dwills777@...> wrote:

      > I think the short answer to your question is, "Nobody knows for
      sure."  All we do know is that there were quite a few shield designs,
      and some of the found ones are surely painted with a red background.

      > DemTex
      >
      > Saepe veritas est dura.
      > ---M. Demetrius Abicio

    • Matt Lanteigne
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2008
        There are a couple units in Europe that use blue and another that uses green for their scuta.

        Matt Lanteigne