71Standard bearers and Light armed Infantry shields

  • john
    Jan 30, 2010
      Upon reviewing the image base of grave stelle on RAT
      http://www.romanarmy.com/cms/component/option,com_imagebase/Itemid,94/
      I have become convinced that a curved oval shield would be appropriate for legionary standard bearers and Light Armed Infantry. Seems like also that the stelle often shows Standard bearers with the shields slung on the back. I am going to work with DSC to develop a Standard bearers/Light armed Infantry shield which will have a handle movable from horizonal for standards bearers to vertical for light armed
      Infantry (so it is easier to carry multiple light javelins)