Medecine in Antique History

  • Dorothee Timmermans
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm new on this Forum... it's really interesting for me because I'm a student in history and I don't have a clue what to read about antique history in English.

      It's a shame I missed the chat about Marguerite Yourcenar's book, is there any archive about it ?

      If any of you know any author who wrote about medecine in Antique History in Englsih, Italian or Spanish could you let me know ? Or a website where I could find these informations ? Thank you very much.

      Dorothee

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2002
        Dorothee, welcome!

        Here is a book on ancient medicine:

        <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0674383311/ref=ase_stamfordhistoric/104-5501048-2206339">The Healing Hand: Man and Wound in the Ancient World</A>
        by Guido Majno
        Harvard Univ Pr; ISBN: 0674383311; Reprint edition (October 1991)

        For a reading list on mainly Roman History, go here:
        http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/booklist1a.htm

        Unfortunately, the chats on Yourcenar are not archived.

        This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle

      • doti109
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2002
          Thank you very much Irene,
          I'm going to check that out this afternoon.

          Dorothee