Roman History Book Nominations for September/October

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 6:59 PM
      We are now entertaining nominations for the next book for the
      September/October chats, starting September 19. Please post yours here.

      Criteria:
      -in print
      -available in libraries, unless brand-new publication
      -the books can be fiction including mysteries, and nonfiction, including
      ancient historians.

      Nominations will be open until Sunday, August 18, after which you will be
      asked to vote.

      Kindly participate in the nominations only if you are planning to show up at
      the chats.

      Please let me reiterate here that AIM is perfectly safe if you set your
      Options/Preference/Privacy and Options/Preference/IM Chat features to the
      absolute limits of permission. If you have further questions regarding the
      chat room, please e-mail me at IrenesBooks@....

      I'm looking forward to your book suggestions!

      This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle

    • Cinc310@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 8:00 PM
        I had trouble with the computer. That's why I could not go on line to chat.
      • gillns2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 7:07 AM
          The possibilities seem endless, so, as I suggested on the
          Ancient/Classical History forum, I think it would be good to have a
          theme like Clodius Pulcher and his shenanigans, for which I think The
          Benita Kane Jaro's The Lock, Saylor ?, Cicero's oration (Pro Caelio?).