Explorator/AWOTV: Important Announcement

  • dmeadows@idirect.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      As some of you might have figured out last weekend, I was having
      extreme problems posting Explorator to various groups at Yahoo.
      The reason for this was because some message from a yahoogroup
      was sent to me and had apparently bounced, so they temporarily
      disable my account. They send a 'reactivation' message to which
      one is supposed to respond, but whether it does work immediately
      seems to be very hit and miss (as I've learned through
      experience; for the past month or more I've been fighting such
      things). It's also possible for group moderators to immediately
      reactivate you, but since I monitor some 125 lists at yahoo
      alone, this isn't in the realm of possibility.

      As a result of these continued problems with yahoo, however, it
      is my sad duty to inform you that I can no longer post Explorator
      (or my Ancient World on Television listings) to this list. I
      genuinely regret this as I realize that my missives often
      constitute the only traffic on someone's list, but when I am
      faced with a situation like last weekend, when I couldn't even
      post to my own lists, it was clear something had to be done. In
      other words, my motives for doing this should not be construed as
      reflecting on the quality of the list you are reading this on
      (heck, I'm not even posting to my own Osiris list any more).

      Now don't panic ... Explorator and the Ancient World on
      Television listings will still be available via yahoo (for now)
      by straight subscription.

      To subscribe to Explorator, send a blank email message to:
      mailto:Explorator-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To subscribe to AWOTV, send a blank message to:
      mailto:awotv-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you have problems, feel free to drop me a line at the address
      below.

      dm

      David Meadows Libertas inaestimabilis res est.
      mailto:dmeadows@... http://www.atrium-media.com