Book Chat Notice: Please Read!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2002
      Hello all!

      Here are some pointers and housekeeping notes before I go on my trip.

      Having had not much of a response, here is what we will try:

      1. Finish the Marcus Aurelius chat on June 6th. I won't be there but that
      should not stop you to meet at
      http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm . A reminder
      will be sent out.

      2. For those who want to discuss "Island of Ghosts", a novel by prolific
      author Gillian Bradshaw, I suggest you get the book soon, as there will be
      only one chat on July 18. Meanwhile you can post your comments here or at
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start.

      Go here for details on both books:

      3. Gore Vidal's "Julian", a novel about Julian the Apostate will be
      discussed August 1 and 15.

      4. THEREAFTER, we will leave the chronological mode and vote on books
      suggested by members. This could be both fiction and nonfiction, to include
      ancient authors as well. This should make it more appealing to new members
      also.

      THE ONLY CONDITION: The book must be available in print and/or in a majority
      of public libraries. The latter can be checked on one's state's library
      websites. If many libraries have the book but not your own, you can very
      likely get it through the interlibrary loan program. If not, you might not
      get the book until the chats are over.

      Meanwhile, here is a book list (by no means complete):
      http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/booklist1a.htm

      5. And I'm still looking for a co-moderator!

      See you in July!

      Forum Book Discussions
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start
      This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle