McCullough Cheat Sheet?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2002
      From e-mail:

      I love Colleen McCullough's series on ancient Rome ("First Man...", etc.) but
      I CANNOT keep all the family names straight, and that makes a lot of the
      reading rather dull because I'm not sure if I've seen a particular character
      before and in what context.

      Do you know where I can find a cheat sheet on ALL the families referenced in
      those books. Just a quick rundown of the family, eg. (I'm making this up)
      "Aurelius - patrician; conservative faction; prone to take bribes", and the
      members of the family. Thanks!

      Forum Book Discussions
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start
      This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at

    • coralcat70
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2002
        I have read all the "First Man" series (and eagerly await the next
        book)and unfortunately there is no "Cheat sheet" that I know of. All
        there is the Glossary at the back of the books. All I can suggest is
        make some notes as you go along to refer to later. Maybe there is in
        some History Text Book somewhere. But persevere with the books,
        they really are worth the effort! Good luck.