Re: [Roman_History_Books] [History-Rome]

  • Olivera Miletic
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2002
      Thank you very much.Do you now anything about Gratian?He was born in Sirmium.I am hoping that you now anything about him because I am writing a something like research paper.

      Olja
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2002
        Olja, the this sort of research would be conducted much more simply by going to any decent library and asking for, say, The Oxford Classical Dictionary (ed Hornblower and
        Spawforth) or the Chronicle of the Roman Emperors by Chris Scarre. It sounds like your paper is not treating any of these individuals very comprehensively. You will forgive me
        if it sounds like you're asking us to do your work for you.
        Randall

        Olivera Miletic wrote:

        > Thank you very much.Do you now anything about Gratian?He was born in Sirmium.I am hoping that you now anything about him because I am writing a something like research paper.
        >
        > Olja

      • Olivera Miletic
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
          Let me tell you something Randall.I'm a lot younger and I live in country that you probably never herd of and I'M NOT ASKING YOU TO DO MY WORK.In my city there is only one library and they don't have anything about him, that is why I ask you.Only thing that I know about Gratian is that he was born in Sirmium.And do know how I find about that?I know that cause I live in Sremska Mitrovica-Sirmium.

          P.S.If you need help I'm here
          (I will try to answer on your questions if you wont to hear anything from 13 years old girl)

          Olja

          Olivera Miletic wrote:

          > Thank you very much.Do you now anything about Gratian?He was born in Sirmium.I am hoping that you now anything about him because I am writing a something like research paper.
          >
          > Olja

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
            Olja, you have to forgive us here!

            Most of such requests tend to come from high school students who are too lazy
            to do their own research. Thus our occasional testiness. <grin>

            Forum Book Discussions
            http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start