Re: Novel on the later Justinian

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 1999
      In a message dated 9/25/99 9:07:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      ILIADHOMER@... writes:

      > The 7th and 8th centuries AD are NOT early Rome. In my mind, early Rome
      > could not extend beyond the end of the Republic (27 B.C.) or so. .
      > .COMMENTS???
      >
      > JOHN L. GOMER

      My question to the group was this: Should we finish the Empire with
      "Justinian" - which sounds an interesting book, and then go back to early
      Rome (and as early as we find something to read about)?

      I take it that your vote is "no" and I will put you down as such.

      Irene (already doing research for Early Rome literature) :-)
    • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 1999