Chatroom Woes!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2001
      Hello, everyone!

      Last night's chat was a disaster in some ways. I did take three of us several
      times until we could sign on, and another member gave it numerous tries and
      gave up in disgust. I don't know who else tried.

      Anyway:

      1. If any of you knows about a relative BUG FREE CHAT ROOM, please LET US
      KNOW!

      2. For the time being, we will return to our prior--imperfect--chat room at
      http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm.

      Anyone who wants to try it out, e-mail me to set a time for a trial chat. I'm
      available most evenings at between 8 an 10 ET.

      As to last night: There isn't even a cut & paste feature, so I couldn't log
      anything. (Sorry, Pam!)

      The gist was, that we liked the book, that is was a nice change to read
      something taking mostly place in the "lower middle class", and that the major
      anachronism seems to be the relationship between a senator's daughter and a
      lowly "informer".

      But there is more to discuss, and we will do this at the next chat on
      December 6.

      On December 20 we will discuss " Shadows in Bronze".

      Yours, utterly frustrated,

      Forum Book Discussions
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start