The Light Bearer

  • Lady Marian
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2001
      Now, Pam, you've REALLY got my curiosity up! What
      were the twists in the Germanic nature beliefs in the
      above-referenced book? I'm not sure exactly what the
      Germans believed pre-Christianity .... did they also
      embrace Freya/Thor and other Nordic gods? And how did
      Christianity "nibble" at the edges of the Germanic
      religions?

      That gladiator book sure sounds interesting! Is it
      still in print by chance? I'll have to check it out
      at the local library.

      =====

      Blessings & Fair Winds,

      Denise

      http://im.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
        I've read "The Lightbearer" quite a while ago, so my memory is not too good
        on the book. However, I did enjoy reading it, and if I recall, it was well
        researched.

        Forum Book Discussions
        http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start
      • btl@cybernex.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
          Good morning,

          > Have any of you read "The Light Bearer" by Donna
          > Gillespie? If so, what'd you think?

          When I read 'The Light Bearer' back in 1994, I
          was immediately captivated and simply swept away
          by the majesty of the book. So much so, that
          when I found the author's email address on
          the Internet, I started corresponding with
          her, and eventually built the official
          Light Bearer Website at http://www.lingstar.com/tlb .

          Every single time I read that book I take out
          something more from it. Donna is an incredible
          writer...you not only read the words, you feel
          like you're actually there.

          Hope that helps,

          Barbara Ling
        • Lady Marian
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
            Good Afternoon From Rainy Seattle!

            I do have a copy of "Light Bearer," but haven't read
            it as yet. I will be done with my evening writing
            class soon, so I will definitely give this a "go" over
            the holidays!

            Is there a sequel planned? If so, when will it be
            out? Please let us all know, thanks!

            Blessings & Fair Winds,

            Denise

            http://personals.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
              We were discussing "The Lightbearer" last week as a possible selection for
              our book chat after "Shadows in Bronze".